Menu

Can't seem to change my password

I can't change my password. When I go to the proper place and fill out everything the program tells me that I have to fill out the whole form, but I am. I enter the current password, then the new password and then again the new password. The only thing I am *not* inputting is a change in my email address because I don't want to change my email address. I have signed out, dumped my cookies, come back and then signed back in again to no avail. What can I do?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

if you send an email to the admin, they can usually hlp. it does take a few days to get a response though...

I'm going on two months of trying to change my password. It's still not fixed.

Is there a special way to send an e-mail directly to an administrator? When I've e-mailed, I've used the "Contact Us" link. I've sent several e-mails since April, but none have been answered.

This should link you to messaging OtherJohn directly. As far as I know, he's the only Admin here. Above OtherJohn is the Moderator, again I believe only one person controls that account.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/index.php?app=members&module=messaging&section=send&do=form&fromMemberID=60030

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, those are the steps I am taking. It still says "you must complete the entire form". I have had this problem with Windows 7 and with Ubuntu both running Google Chrome. Since I've been having the problem for so long the versions of Chrome have changed, but they are all the most recent version of Chrome. I keep my computers up to date with regards to patches, programs, and anti-virus stuff. I'll try and take screen shots, but I've never done that before and the add-on for Chrome that Google makes is being obtuse.

Can anyone please tell me what version of the browser this is happening in. I still cannot duplicate the issue.

Also if someone can screen shot the page you are doing this with that might help.

We're using the most current version of Firefox. I also just tried going through Internet Explorer and I couldn't change my e-mail address through that browser, either.

Using a test account, I was able to change my password doing the following

• Click on my username (upper right hand side of screen) and select "my profile"

• Click on the Black button titled "Edit my Profile"

• Click on "Email & Password" on left side menu

• Fill out Only the "CURRENT password", "NEW password" & "Confirm NEW passord"

• Click "Save Changes"

• and it changes my password.

Are these the steps you all are taking?

This is exactly what I've tried (multiple times), except I was trying to change my e-mail, not my password. It's never worked for me, however.

Praised be, this issue is finally resolved. I'm not sure what OtherJohn changed, because I had zeroed out/cleared all the fields before and JUST filled out the password change area. This is what finally worked. So if your web browser automatically fills in some or all of the form, delete those out of the form. Then fill in JUST THE ONE PART that you want to change. See if that works and post here : D

Praised be, this issue is finally resolved. I'm not sure what OtherJohn changed, because I had zeroed out/cleared all the fields before and JUST filled out the password change area. This is what finally worked. So if your web browser automatically fills in some or all of the form, delete those out of the form. Then fill in JUST THE ONE PART that you want to change. See if that works and post here : D

I'm glad it worked for you. Unfortunately, it's still not working for me (either to change my e-mail or my password), no matter what I do. :sad: