Menu

New curriculum

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snort.

This whole enterprise still confuses me. I fully admit to not being a good writer, but the writing on that website is so jarring and so odd that even I notice it.

They are also stating this is the most academically rigorous homeschool program ever offered. That seems to be a pretty bold claim considering one of the reasons they say they can't offer samples is because the courses aren't written yet.

I'm still puzzled at their insistence that this isn't a school or an academy, but just a curriculum that is self taught while also highlighting their teaching faculty. The faculty that their FAQ says is "...like no other faculty in the history of home schooling". :confused1:

Or this business here http://www.ronpaulcurriculum.com/public/126.cfm about state regulations. What's the point of that rant? What curriculum publisher concerns themselves with truancy and state regulations? I haven't seen anything like that on any other seller's site. All the publisher/seller does is sell a course of study a parent may use in one way or another to teach their children. What is there to comply with regarding state regs?

OK, I'm probably done beating the poor horse now. I'm just up late not by choice and amusing myself.

I think a classical education is pretty hard to beat. It's time-tested. Some of the greatest minds ever were classically trained. I don't see any of that with the Ron Paul curriculum. I like what Paul is trying to do and I see a couple strengths in his ideas, but I just don't think it compares with what WTM accomplishes, and WTM does it in a more orderly and logical fashion as far as I can see.

They are also stating this is the most academically rigorous homeschool program ever offered. That seems to be a pretty bold claim considering one of the reasons they say they can't offer samples is because the courses aren't written yet.

From what I've seen of the videos on the website, which will apparently be a big part of the curriculum, I think they may be confusing "rigorous" and "monotonous."

From what I've seen of the videos on the website, which will apparently be a big part of the curriculum, I think they may be confusing "rigorous" and "monotonous."

Or using "rigorous" as in "rigor mortis," exactly the reason I dislike that term....

The faculty that their FAQ says is "...like no other faculty in the history of home schooling". :confused1:

Frankly, if someone invited me to dinner and said it would be like nothing I'd ever eaten before, I would probably not show up.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/10/travel/tokyo-dirt-restaurant

Do most homescholing endeavors have a "faculty"? Maybe that's why it's unique. I can think of lots of other bizarre claims. Like, "the best chef in the history of optical surgery!"

• 1 month later...