Menu

s/o wedding presents

My husband had two sets of parents when we married; mom/stepdad, and dad/stepmom.

His dad/stepmom bought us a trailer at the lake where they also had a trailer. Even though dh specifically asked them not to, because we were still in an apartment at the time and didn't need a 'second home', LOL. (We sold the trailer within a year I think.) His father also forgave the loan he gave dh for my engagement ring. They also hosted the rehersal dinner at their home. His stepmom made my veil, the favors, the card box, and she gave me a purse to carry that was, um, very *not* my taste, LOL, but it was a sweet gesture.

His mother and stepdad paid for our honeymoon, some various wedding things (like disposable cameras for the reception and a few other smaller things I think), and they gave us a cash gift of a few thousand dollars, if I recall correctly.

My parents gave us nothing and contributed nothing to the wedding. They did attend, however.

One of my place settings. I still love the pattern I picked out for my china! Note - my folks had a lot more money than hubby's so that they spent the money for a full place setting was not expected! They had already had to pay to fly out to California, as that is where my family is and where we got married (I planned the wedding long-distance in the days before email etc. from Illinois!)

They threw us a second reception in Illinois, too, a month later. I got to wear my dress again!