Menu

Look! Alternative to MMM for pre-miquon stage on Currclick!

Ecclecticmum

So instant gratification :D

I'm in Aus and already have my favourite brand of Cuisenaire Rods (over 600 pieces rofl). I was trying to find something similar to Maths Made Meaningful to introduce the rods and sort of hold my hand (something that doesn't come with rods). I was thinking I would have to sit down and create my own task cards. (we all know when we have more then one child, its easier to have some sort of "note" jotted down so you know what you want to accomplish for the week with each child, lol).

I saw the discovery book download and printed it out but my kids aren't interested. They are more learning center/lentil science or proper worksheet types. And I wanted something a bit more complex that grew (like MMM).

SO anywayyy (rofl) I found "Ensure your child suceeds at math" (not the best title by the way), but its based around rods, and works with Spycar's suggestions listed for pre-miquon (general play, staircases) and works its way up to more worksheet/complex discovery equavalents/families/number names/signs etc.

There is also a software/program available from them that allows you to make your own rod worksheets (and other stuff I don't really understand rofl).

Here's there Currclick Site: Help your Child Succeed