Menu

Who makes a good skinny jean??

Moxie

Aeropostale and Old Navy have skinnies that both DD and DS like wearing. I have a pair of Old Navy skinnies for myself that I wear with boots- my only complaint is that I have to wear a belt with them because they are low rise and won't stay up all day. But they are older, and the newer pairs the kids have seem to stay up just fine for them.

I was apprehensive to try them at first, but I really like the Rockstar jeans from Old Navy. Sizing varies with color/material so you might have to try some on before you find the right size.

Yes! I have a pair in gray and black, and love them both!

My favorite skinnies are from Cato. They're not droopy at the end of the day, and are a little longer in the leg so so they stay nicely tucked in to boots, and will cover the tops of my vans unless I choose to fold them up.

I like skinny jeans by AG. They have alot of stretch. They are pricey, however.

I also really like the Gap - their Real Straight line. They are my go-to jeans. To me, the Gap skinnies don't have enough stretch in the knees. Maybe I have fat knees. :)

Old Navy?? Really? I swore them off a few years ago because the waists were so big and odd. Have they really changed??

I never bought ON until a few weeks ago, and although the Rock Star jeans are cheap, the prices do reflect comfort level. Sizes are way off. I based my size on Banana Republic, but if you try a few first, then you should be able to get their right size for you, which means if you are normally a size 2, you will need to size up to 4 or 6. Length is another problem. I'm average height but had to go with tall.

The back part of Rock Star is not as high as I would like. Anyway, this is about the last time for ON. I can't wear jeans that require attention during the day.

I live in jeans. I love them. I have jeans ranging from Old Navy to 7 For All Mankind. I don't typically like ON's jeans, but the Rockstars are a great deal and extremely comfortable. I haven't had a problem with them sliding down or losing shape. I have an olive pair that doesn't fit quite like a jean, but the black and denim pairs I have are great. I picked them up during the $19 sale. I also tried the Diva jean, which I didn't love so much. I had to order the Rockstars 2 sizes larger than the Divas, but now I have great fitting jeans so I don't care what the tag says. :)