Menu

New Rule

AlmiraGulch

I've decided that you are now forbidden to work or have school for one week prior to vacation commencement. We leave for Miami on Friday morning to board a cruise ship Saturday, and I'm completely worthless this week. All I want to do is read cruise reviews and shop for last minute stuff I probably don't need. I really don't want to get out of my pajamas because anything I wear I'll have to wash again before I pack on Thursday. :laugh:

I was looking forward to pretty much coasting at work all week, and then had a complete bombshell dropped on my head yesterday. I basically now have today and tomorrow to cram 8 weeks' worth of knowledge, information and training into someone else's head, and that someone else already has a packed calendar. I don't know how that's supposed to work, and I'm going to be pre-occupied by it the whole time I'm gone.

So.....new rule. No working for the week prior to vacation. So it has been said, so it shall be. Carry on.

(unless you're going on vacation within the next week, and then by all means do nothing).

I like that rule! :)

Due to me assuming the library had the book we needed, and then that Kindle would have it, we have hereby decreed a half-schedule this week. The book will come while dh and I are on our cruise next week and that is just fine. Until Friday we are only doing the fun subjects - math, Word Roots, and science. Everything else can wait.

Have fun on your trip! :)

I like that rule! :)

Due to me assuming the library had the book we needed, and then that Kindle would have it, we have hereby decreed a half-schedule this week. The book will come while dh and I are on our cruise next week and that is just fine. Until Friday we are only doing the fun subjects - math, Word Roots, and science. Everything else can wait.

Have fun on your trip! :)

Oh! Oh! You're going on a cruise, too? Where are you going? What ship? And just the two of you? No kids!?!?! That's AWESOME!!!!!

Have a great time on your trip, and you hereby get a star for almost following the New Rule.

Oh! Oh! You're going on a cruise, too? Where are you going? What ship? And just the two of you? No kids!?!?! That's AWESOME!!!!!

Have a great time on your trip, and you hereby get a star for almost following the New Rule.

We're going to Greece, Croatia, and the east Italian coast. I can't wait - I'm so excited! It's my first cruise EVER. Dh and I are so lucky in that not only is everything is sorta local to us, but so is my family. They'll be watching the kids for us. The Man-child was disappointed to not go, but I told him that dad and I waited over 30 years to travel and when he's an adult he can do the same. :lol: Dh did try to put a damper on things, though. Apparently not only are we going, but so is his boss, and his boss's boss, and probably about a half dozen other people we know but don't really want to spend our vacation with. Them's the hazards of going on spring break! They've all been comparing rooms and excursions and who's doing what and ugh! It's like a peeing contest with them.

Are you going to the Bahamas? Once we get stateside I'd love to take a cruise to somewhere like that. So relaxing!

We're going to Greece, Croatia, and the east Italian coast. I can't wait - I'm so excited! It's my first cruise EVER. Dh and I are so lucky in that not only is everything is sorta local to us, but so is my family. They'll be watching the kids for us. The Man-child was disappointed to not go, but I told him that dad and I waited over 30 years to travel and when he's an adult he can do the same. :lol: Dh did try to put a damper on things, though. Apparently not only are we going, but so is his boss, and his boss's boss, and probably about a half dozen other people we know but don't really want to spend our vacation with. Them's the hazards of going on spring break! They've all been comparing rooms and excursions and who's doing what and ugh! It's like a peeing contest with them.

Are you going to the Bahamas? Once we get stateside I'd love to take a cruise to somewhere like that. So relaxing!

That sounds like an amazing cruise! I'm looking at that itinerary for 2015.

Yes, we're going to the Caribbean. I do love it, but I've been these places many times (a cruise is our preferred vacation). St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Bahamas. The Bahamas is actually my least favorite port and I often don't even get off the ship there anymore.

I hope you love your trip!

I can really, really identify with this!! We also are leaving on Friday morning and boarding a cruise ship on Saturday morning! :laugh: We are leaving from Port Canaveral though.

I am so stressed out this week with packing, shopping for spring clothes and other things we'll need on the ship, and trying to fit in a bit of schooling. I am having to cut my girls off at lunchtime because our afternoon is filled with other stuff. I definitely could use the week off before vacation and the week after would be nice too (to recover, unpack, and do laundry). :lol: