Menu

Anyone have an internet ad filter they would like to suggest?

I'm sick to death of opening my email or reading the online news only to see a scantily clad young lady showing her cleavage or smiling while fixing her hair in a tank top advertising love for singles. I'm not really a prude, just sick of it being EVERYWHERE I go. Is there any kind of software filter that will let me surf ad free? And won't bog down my computer? Anywhere?

Thanks

Ad Muncher. You can download a trial for free and then they ask if you want to pay for the permanent one. I LOVE it. I am a prude, but moreover am sick to death of the way images of women are used to get attention everywhere. Everytime I pull up Fox news, I see a stupid video about who has recently been voted the hottest bartenders. Do these men have a life?

Thanks!

Do any of you ever find you can't open a page you normally would go to because of the filters? The ads really have been getting to me lately, but I guess its not a bad idea w/the children using our computers more and more to get content filters, too, which I'm assuming Bsafe is.

I was reading our local news paper online the other day and there was a large, colorful, blinking ad for a new "gentlemen's club" in our town, picturing 3 not so innocent looking girls right there on the business page! It took up as much space on my screen as the article menu did! I really couldn't believe it - advertising strip clubs in the paper? Come on! I'm getting really tired of having the dc come in and read the news over my shoulder and be bombarded with that stuff. And its everywhere! I swear that girl hanging out in my email is truly driving me crazy!

No, I've never been unable to open a page. Ad Muncher is not a filter. It just blocks ads. If you go to Victoria's Secret website, you'd see the images, but if you are reading the newspaper and VS has an ad on the newspaper page, you wouldn't see it.

I use Norton Internet Security for firewall and viruses. We have no "filter" here.