Menu

A Sunday Chat

Jean in Newcastle

Just a regular day here for me - we don't celebrate Easter. I've been up all day cleaning and taking care of my dd who woke up sick this morning with a high fever.

Hear: A storm coming in & Easter BBQ's complete with tejano music.

As for food - I'll bring some ferro rocher. Love those things and always buy them in the after holiday clearance sales.

The Easter Bunny made his appearance here this morning. We were supposed to be visiting family, but 4 out of 6 of us have the crud, so that was a no go. My dad lovingly brought us over the giant ham he had bought that we were supposed to help them eat though, so we still get some tradition.

Hear: The dryer running.

Bringing to the party- Ham!

We do celebrate Easter. My dad and brother came and we made the traditional ham and scalloped potatoes. Dd age 24 is vegan and I am mostly vegan, so we also made a version of this, except we used Yellow Tale pinot noir instead of stout: http://www.theppk.com/2013/03/mushroom-stout-pie-with-potato-biscuits/ We did the half kidney beans/half tofu version.

Hi Jean! Hi all!

We had glorious Easter celebration with our church family today and then joined my mom for lunch at a nice restaurant. Kids hunted eggs in the swampy backyard, DH is watching basketball and I'm thinking about what to do for dinner.

I hear basketball on tv, kids playing and birds chirping and singing outside.

I'll bring hard boiled eggs, nicely dyed. Would you like them as egg salad, reviled or just plain?

Hear: rain

Pass the Plate: artichoke. I can't get good ones here, so I can dream too.

Hear: My grandson hollering (in play), my 8yo and 14yo laughing, the dishwasher running.

Food: fried rice, because it is easy. Yesterday I went all out with dinner to celebrate two family birthdays that had been postponed because of illness.

We went to church this morning, came home and tidied up, and DS came over for Easter dinner. We had lime shrimp, coconut rice, steamed asparagus, angel food cake with peaches and whipped cream. DS took the left overs for his gf, who had to work today.

What can I hear? An episode of Psych on Netflix.

For the potluck, I'll bring deviled eggs. :)

Hear: harp music from oldest dd's iPad mixed with rain.

Ordinarily we would celebrate Easter with church, a big brunch (with mimosas!), and later a big dinner. However, today we haven't celebrated at all. I'm glad the chat truly is virtual and wouldn't dream of subjecting you to any food from this household today, because my father-in-law is ill with a nasty stomach virus. Dh and I are being kept busy with caregiving and lots of Lysol, as well as prayers that our quarantine efforts will be successful. The last time a stomach virus entered our home was,about 12 years ago, so I really should feel blessed. However, since I have OCD, I actually feel panic-stricken and stressed. Ridiculous, I know. I truly hope everyone else is having a happy, healthy day! :)

Hello Everyone.

Have you celebrated Easter or Resurrection Sunday or . . . ?

What foods do you associate with today? Bring something to our potluck! I'm bringing chocolate bunnies because I like to go straight for the good stuff.

Today's totally random question: What do you hear right now?

We celebrated Easter today. We are being lazy today. I warmed a ham to go with the potato salad I made yesterday. We had that for our meal.

What I hear right now is Elizabeth X speaking on Dr. Who.

We had a potluck at church and the kids hunted eggs on the church grounds afterwards. Lots of fun!

What I hear: My three year old slamming doors and yelling, "I bwake my arm!"

What I'll bring to the party: Carrot Cake with white chocolate cream cheese icing.(made it today for potluck!)

The Easter Bunny left a few treats for the kids to find this morning.

DH is working a 24 hour shift, so the kids and I went to church - a block from DH's work, then we went over and picked up DH and went for lunch...at McD's :closedeyes: .

Now, I hear the kids still discovering their eggs and splitting the loot. They didn't find them all before we left this morning.

ETA: I'll bring the Extraordinary Cheese Dip to the party. Yum!

Binignit is my favorite Easter dessert. I look forward to it every year!

Right now I hear the kids playing in the backyard, my uncles and aunties singing awful karaoke, and the din of other relatives around the property visiting. I'm taking a mental health break from the crowd :)

Have you celebrated Easter or Resurrection Sunday or . . . ?

I wouldn't say "celebrated," but I did attend the Easter service at my former church. I went, because I figured my son might want me to go and because one of his friends, whom I've known since he was three, was playing the postlude. It was nice to see "my" kids, who haven't been around much lately because they've all been so busy. The music was pleasant. But, over all, I didn't feel great being on campus, and I was happy to leave.

What foods do you associate with today? Bring something to our potluck! I'm bringing chocolate bunnies because I like to go straight for the good stuff.

Weirdly, bagels. For most of the years we've had kids, we've always had bagels for breakfast on holidays. This year, we discovered that our favorite bagel place adds a non-vegan ingredient to its bagels. Also, my daughter had to work at 7:00 a.m. So, we didn't bother with a family breakfast, and nobody thought to go to the one remaining place that has acceptable, although not especially tasty, bagels yesterday.

So, I'll bring virtual, actually vegan-acceptable bagels, if that's okay.

Today's totally random question: What do you hear right now?

I'm "watching" Parenthood on Hulu, trying to get through the rest of season three before the episodes get deleted. But, obviously, since I'm typing here, I'm mostly listening to the show while hanging out here.