Menu

fashion trends anybody?

Bang!Zoom!

I don't live in a particularly trendy place but I do read a lot of fashion stuff. Pretty much the only trend I've picked up is the fit and flare dress. I'll be hoarding them this summer to wear once a different dress shape fills the stores. I am happy to see that stripper style shoes are on their way out. They make feet look enormous.

Long tank tops that you layer over your hips and butt area. I'm not sure why this is hot because it just adds bulk to your butt and hips.

I think we need these to cover our butts because all the pants are so low on the hips now. I've started wearing long tanks or tees under everything because I hate when pants ride down. I'd prefer to not have pants ride down or gape when I bend or squat, but so far haven't found any.

Oh yeah, and insanely high heals. NO! I don't wear high heals. EVER.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. You disappoint me! ;)

I hate the mixed plaid trend. Ack. We're still bundled up, so it's hard to see what people are wearing. Very short shorts and tights with boots has been popular this winter. I don't car how thick their tights are, they have got to be freezing.

Long tank tops that you layer over your hips and butt area. I'm not sure why this is hot because it just adds bulk to your butt and hips.

Chunky, "blingy", tall, wedge sandals - which I looooove!!!!

I think we need these to cover our butts because all the pants are so low on the hips now. I've started wearing long tanks or tees under everything because I hate when pants ride down. I'd prefer to not have pants ride down or gape when I bend or squat, but so far haven't found any.

This. I love those tanks because they add coverage.

Ah, good point! Didn't think of that!

I was just looking at myself with a long tank top on the other day and wasn't happy with the added bulk around my hips. And I have narrow hips.

I'm loving the emerald green trend! I just bought this dress: http://www.shadeclothing.com/shop/dept_item.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524445998085&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306256351&bmUID=1364570399260&productSizeSelected=0&fit_type= and looooove it!

(yes, it says "juniper green", but close enough! :D )

I'm also seeing a 90's revival with neons and large floral patterns, as well as midriff-baring baggy shirts worn over longer tanks. I'm buying them for my daughter and living vicariously through her. Although I do hope to get some floral leggings for myself eventually.