Menu

LCHF or just plain low carb menu plan

MSNative

Let's post our low carb menu plans - 1 day, 3 days, a week, whatever you can contribute. I'm wanting to get back into the habit of menu planning but need motivation and inspiration.

M- grilled pork tenderloin (marinated in soy sauce, honey, garlic and cayenne) blackberries, frozen broccoli and cauliflower sauteed in coconut oil. (For non-low carb people in family: added brown rice.)

T - burritos - filling served over sauteed red peppers and onion. (or served in tortillas for the high carb life forms in the house)

W - barbeque pork roast, green beans with almonds, sliced raw peppers (Cornbread)

Th - grilled lime and garlic chicken, broccoli, avocado slices with lime juice (wheat rolls)

Fri - Shrimp scampi - gobs of delicious butter and garlic, steamed artichokes to dip in lovely garlic and butter, mango slices. (french bread)

Before I posted I did search but didn't see anything like this. If this has already been done, please ignore mine and point me to the other thread. Thanks!!

Looks delicious! I'm not quite in the rhythm of planning a whole week yet, but I have a few staples I've started incorporating besides eggs and sausage ;) The two biggies are curry chicken where there's a bit of carbs in the curry sauce and veg, and chicken lettuce wraps with an Asian/ginger sauce. Got the cookbook 1001 Low-Carb Recipes and am trying to work my way through that.

Every meat we eat is paired with a large salad and for the carb-eaters, potato or rice or pasta. Occasionally we have steamed veggies with butter, rather than a salad.

Here are some of my mainstays:

Polska Kielbasa broiled with peppers, onions, and sometimes mushrooms

Asian Chicken Wings (soy sauce, garlic, green onion, ginger, black pepper)

Whatever Soup (typically chicken breast or ground beef with whatever veggies we have left in the fridge...add whatever seasoning: cajun, cumin & chili powder...)

Burrito fillings (no beans) over salad (for me), tortillas for the fam

Beef Roast

Pork Chops with Montreal seasoning

Cabbage Crack (ground beef in a pan, sauteed with cabbage, BUTTER, 2 T soy sauce, cayenne pepper)

Loaded Cauliflower (cooked, riced cauliflower, mixed with ranch dressing or sour cream, bacon, green onions, a dash of garlic powder, cheese)

Ham Steaks (mashed potatoes for the fam)

Beef Stew

Chicken Drumsticks (And rice)

Recipe for Drumsticks

In a 9x13 pan, coat a large family pack of drumsticks in butter

Season one side with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, parsley, parmesan cheese

Bake for one hour at 350*

While chicken is cooking, steam 1 1/2 c rice.

At the one hour mark, take chicken out of pan, and place rice IN baking dish...mix around in the juices. Return chicken to dish, unseasoned side up and re-season with above ingredients.

Bake 30 minutes longer.

Prep time: about 10 min.

Total cook time: 1.5 hrs.

All I've planned so far--stir fry with leftover ham and "loaded" cauliflower.

One thing I tried last week that was a hit was chicken breasts dipped in eggs and then crushed pork rinds mixed with a little ranch powder. They came out of the oven nicely crisp. Even the kids ate it!

This week:

Monday: leftover Easter ham with roasted asparagus and shredded cabbage sauteed in lots of butter

Tuesday: Ribeye steaks on the grill with roasted brussels sprouts and steamed broccoli (yellow rice for carb eaters)

Wednesday: Boneless porkchops sprinkled with Montreal seasoning, salad (baked sweet potatoes)

Thursday: Turkey breast with roasted beets, and a mixture of roasted eggplant, red peppers, red onions and mushrooms (mashed potatoes and stovetop stuffing)

Friday: not sure yet