Menu

DISH network rant....maybe you can help me...because they don't seem to be able to

kfeusse

WE signed up for DISH about a month ago. We noticed right away that after so many hours of not watching something, the system shuts down and the DISH network logo appears on our screen. Which in and of itself is no big deal, however, we didn't get DVR so we still tape a few things on TV, but if we line everything up hours before the show starts the system shuts down and I end up taping an hour or two of the DISH logo. I contacted DISH they instructed me how to disable this operation. Went though the process....but it didn't work. Contacted them 2 more times...nothing they said worked. So they finally sent me a new box...we put it in...still not fixed. I have not contacted them again, because it seem useless. You guys here are so much more intellegent...so I am hoping you can help me. thanks.

Don't know how to fix your problem, but I have to say DISH customer service stinks. It's not just that they usually can't resolve my issue; it's that they flat out don't care. If it were only my vote, we would have cancelled years ago, but, alas, I am only one vote out of many. Good luck!

That is what my neighbors have said too. DISH told them they were losing reception because of trees and they can't be responsible for the fact that trees grow leaves. :confused1:

Hmmm, if you already did the menu, preferences, updates and changed the inactivity to 8hrs, then I can't think of anything else that would work. I never record the splash screen on my DVR programs though so I've never experienced this issue. My DVR programs record whether or not my box is on which is why I love it so much.

Hmmm, if you already did the menu, preferences, updates and changed the inactivity to 8hrs, then I can't think of anything else that would work. I never record the splash screen on my DVR programs though so I've never experienced this issue. My DVR programs record whether or not my box is on which is why I love it so much.

Thanks for this tip! I like Dish, too, but I've been annoyed at the standby thing. I didn't know I could change it. I just set mine to "disable." Also, my DVR records my shows even when it is not on, too.

which is all fine and good, except I am now in a 2 year contract with them....and was just told they would "graciously" waive the upgrade fee of $100 (which wouldn't have even applied if I wanted DVR from the beginning) to upgrade our system to include DVR.. but I would still have to pay the monthly charge....which we can't afford right now....that is nearly $100 a year....which doesn't seem like much...but to us it is...now it's becoming a principal thing becasue I SPECIFICALLY asked this very question before signing the line and I was told there would not a a problem doing this...and now there is and on top of that....it has taken 5 different contacts to actually be told this.

It is also good to know that Direct TV will allow this feature...I am not finished with dealing with DISH..I have piano lessons now, but later I will be contacting a supervisor.

this is now really frustrating me because I was told one thing and now it's not true. Maybe I am making a mountain out of a mole hill....but I don't like to be misinformed about things I specifially asked about.