Menu

Does someone remember if Ferris Bueller has nudity?

sassenach

The only scene that *might* is the pool scene. If you haven't talked / addressed masturb*tion, remember it's pretty explicit in one scene. I don't have a clear memory either. LOL

ETA - I don't believe in editing out what I've said - but I was totally wrong!! I was thinking of "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" the entire time. I got the two movies mixed up. Those 80's really killed my brain! LOL

There is a hot tub scene; I think it's implied/obvious they are nude but not shown.

ETA: According to

http://www.imdb.com/...2/parentalguide

it's a bit different than I remember. Anyway it's that the friend saw Ferris's girlfriend changing.

They're not nude in the hot tub. They're wearing boxers (boys) and underwear/camisole (girlfriend). The friend does see her changing, but it's not changing while wearing nothing. It's seeing her in the underwear and camisole.

They're not nude in the hot tub. They're wearing boxers (boys) and underwear/camisole (girlfriend). The friend does see her changing, but it's not changing while wearing nothing. It's seeing her in the underwear and camisole.

It's been a long time, let me tell you! That's why I edited my post when I read the summary on IMDB. But, how does she change into her suit while keeping the undies on? Anyway it's not on camera.

The only scene that *might* is the pool scene. If you haven't talked / addressed masturb*tion, remember it's pretty explicit in one scene. I don't have a clear memory either. LOL

Are you thinking of "Fast Times at Ridgemont High?" I don't remeber that during the pool scene in Feris Bueller...

It's been a long time, let me tell you! That's why I edited my post when I read the summary on IMDB. But, how does she change into her suit while keeping the undies on? Anyway it's not on camera.

They didn't bring suits, just went in their skivvies. It's not lewd, I think if nudity is the concern, you're safe.

Of course, he does make his hair into a mohawk with shampoo and sing in the shower... Excellent very clean scene.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

And there's no m*st&rbation, either. :huh:

no nudity. My mom was a sustitute teacher at the public votech high schoo back in the 80s. She owned Ferris B. and would bring it to her classes .... Can you imagine?

We were shown Heathers in an assembly. What the heck?!

I also watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit in school, and it's got another bath scene!

Speaking of TV cut versions of movies. Till recently, as in the last month my only memory of "Dirty Dancing" was the TV cut version I saw as a kid.

Till a certain scene that leaves the viewer with no doubts, I was looking for hints that they were actually in love. Looking for a look I would have missed as a kid that meant they had something more going on then friendship. I sure didn't have to worry about looking for hints about that. :laugh:

Fast Times stands out as the most embarrassing movie I've ever watched. I still :blushing: just thinking about that scene, lol!

Yeah, me, too. My kids will NEVER get to watch that one! :ohmy: :svengo:

True - but then they will lose out on the beauty of Spiccoli!!! LOL Or Did I get THAT wrong too!??

What about Grease? Good lord, what kind of message was that sending? The nice girl goes all bad in the end just to get the guy, and that's the happy ending? I would NEVER let dd watch that...

I rented that for me and my girls a few weeks ago. I loved that movie! Yeah, it lasted 10 minutes before I turned it off.

It's funny how many of us saw these movies as younger kids, then rent them for our own kids, and think :huh: what the heck were my parents thinking? LOL! A few years ago DH bought Back to the Future to show our boys and boy oh boy there was so much language I was shocked! I did not remember so many bad words, LOL!

What about Grease? Good lord, what kind of message was that sending? The nice girl goes all bad in the end just to get the guy, and that's the happy ending? I would NEVER let dd watch that...

My PIL are convinced that the movie Grease was responsible for my SIL going wild. She saw it 13 times and right after that got into partying and drugs and...

We were shown Heathers in an assembly. What the heck?!

Heathers? I can not imagine that being played at school for any reason. Interesting decision making process there. :confused1:

I will say that I watched Grease dozens of times as a kid and the whole thing about Sandy changing so she could be with Danny just flew right over my head. As did the lyrics to Grease Lightning. Grease 2 left nothing to go over my head though.

I grew up watching Blues Brothers, Coming to America, Beverly Hills Cop, and so many others. It wasn't until I was much older that I realized we always watched the edited for TV versions.

The most embarrassing movie I ever saw was not from the 80s though. I went to see American Beauty with my dad when I was 16. Neither of us knew it was about and from that day on I have always read reviews!

I wish that they would release dvds WITH the made-for-tv version right on there. I know there are crazy devices and weird bootleg "clean" versions, but why can't they just put the studio-sanctioned cleaner version right there for us?

There are some movies I know my kids would love. The old Star Wars movie comes to mind... but then there's a scene with charred remains and arms being sabered off and such. Not really good for kids who just today CRIED (like, sobbing) over how sad it was the banker chose money over friendship with Laura in a Little House on the Prairie episode. They were concerned he must be lonely....

I will say that I watched Grease dozens of times as a kid and the whole thing about Sandy changing so she could be with Danny just flew right over my head. As did the lyrics to Grease Lightning.

I know! I remember thinking she was so hot and beautiful at the end...yes, me please!

I wish that they would release dvds WITH the made-for-tv version right on there. I know there are crazy devices and weird bootleg "clean" versions, but why can't they just put the studio-sanctioned cleaner version right there for us?

There are some movies I know my kids would love. The old Star Wars movie comes to mind... but then there's a scene with charred remains and arms being sabered off and such. Not really good for kids who just today CRIED (like, sobbing) over how sad it was the banker chose money over friendship with Laura in a Little House on the Prairie episode. They were concerned he must be lonely....

The problem with watching an edited version is that you forget that it's the edited version, and then you watch the unedited version thinking that it's safe because you're used to watching an edited version...

When my dc were little, we just avoided the movies which had questionable content. It seemed much safer that way!