Menu

So what have your electric bills been for the summer (A/C!!!)

Just curious. Last summer our highest was $130, it was our first summer in this house. So far, we've installed 2 ceiling fans and shades over the patio doors (that were letting in a lot of sunlight last summer, not sure why we didn't do it then) Anyway, our highest bill so far was $114.00, I think the weather has been a little bit cooler, we haven't had the A/c on as much as last summer, but August is supposed to be hot. Anyway, our house is just under 2000 Square ft. So what have your bills been like? Our gas bill was $51.00

Phlox

We must be doing something wrong, though we haven't made any changes and I've been even more conservative with the air conditioner than I ever was before. Our bill has doubled since this time last year.

We pay our "gas bill" once or twice a year when we fill the tank. I finally bit the bullet and called to find out how much it will cost -- that's doubled, too. I should probably spend the money on a warm coat -- it's gonna be a long, cold winter.

We have a 4000sqft house in central Texas

downstairs set to 78°

upstairs set to 79°

:iagree:

Our house is 2 story, just under 4000 sq ft, and in Central Texas. Thermostats at same temps as above. Ceiling fans in every room. We hang clothes to dry and have propane for heating water/cooking.

Our last bill was $445. I hate PEC. (ok, maybe hate is too strong a word. but I intensely dislike 'em. how's that.) Dh just ordered a radiant barrier. Hopefully, that will help a little.

<Sigh> It's about time to order some more propane as well. <Huge Sigh>