Menu

Anyone else live in a trailer/mobile home?

Luanne

How funny! I grew up living in two-story "nice" houses and now I live in a double-wide. I don't care because "less is more!" Less cleaning, less clutter...if you stay diligent at throwing things away...

And it is on beautiful land!

We fixed it up by adding on a screen-in porch, wood floors, etc. we are here to stay.

Does a double-wide count? If it does then yes. What I don't like is being able to hear the conversation like I am standing in the living room when I am actually in the bedroom.

Ugh.

Yes, it counts. I know what you mean too.

We lived in one for nine years and it was impossible to do any home repairs because nothing was standard size! You couldn't just go to Home Depot and pick up supplies to fix something. Grrrrr.

Ugh. I know! To replace our ugly front door is like $1,000 for a nice door (with a window). What!

We are currently living in a trailer & buying the land it sits on. We will build in a few years. In the meantime, I can't hang anything too heavy on my walls, because the walls are ridiculously thin! And the doors are hollow! Seriously. Why? Don't get me wrong, we actually like our little trailer & I am having fun fixing it up (truly this place is such a huge blessing for us!). But some things can't be "fixed" easily without a good bit of money (that I'm just not willing to invest). I can't wrap my brain around how anyone ever thought pre-wallpapered walls are a good idea. Paint improves trailer walls, but they still look "blah" in comparison to sheet rock.