Menu

I Love those "sticky" moments

When the kids make an "Aha!" connection to their life that'll help things stick in their head.

I was reading aloud to DD today about the Mayans. After I finished the reading, I asked her to come look at some of the pictures in the book.

"Hey, isn't that the Jaguar?" (ride at Knott's Berry Farm, LOL)

"Well it IS, the Temple of the Giant Jaguar at Tikal. Now you know where they got the inspiration for the Jaguar ride."

Now she'll probably remember at least hearing about the Mayans from this day forward. All because she has that connection. She was even able to tell her Dad when the Mayan civilization existed when he got home from work. Usually when he asks what they learned they'll reply "boring stuff" or some other equally mom-motivating half-assed remark that helps me love my "job". :laugh:

Now she'll probably remember at least hearing about the Mayans from this day forward. All because she has that connection. She was even able to tell her Dad when the Mayan civilization existed when he got home from work. Usually when he asks what they learned they'll reply "boring stuff" or some other equally mom-motivating half-assed remark that helps me love my "job". :laugh:

That's fantastic! And I really appreciated the last part of your comment. Glad to know my kids aren't the only ones who do that!