Menu

Have you ever read somthing but did not "read" it.

I went to bring dd to her gymnastics class today and when Iwalked in could tell there was not class. I asked the lady at the front desk she said they were closed for the week. I said "A sign would be nice". she commented back "we had signs posted for a month" I looked a the glass doors to see what I missed and said "I don't see any signs" "Well we took them down" I thought geesh lady chill out. I made a mistake then I got to thinking I know I read about sign ups for the fall butnothing for last week being thelast week. Or did I. I noticed no one else was there so I am the only one that didn't "read" the sign..... so have you ever showed up someplce because you missed "reading the sign"....

It happens at church all the time. Signs, emails, etc. and people are unaware. I think it's because there is so much information overload--that is part of it. Another part may actually have to do with learning style. Communication is best when it's delivered through BOTH the ears and the eyes. A simple announcement in class might have been enough for you. Obviously, walking by posters for a month didn't get your attention. That feedback may help the organization.

with our last baby, i made my dh come home early to take care of the other kids, i went off to my OB appointment, only to find out that it was the following week. And I had the correct date posted on the fridge!

:blushing:

-rebecca-

Well, I once showed up at the pediatrician's office at 3:00 p.m. for my dd's appt. They told me I'd been scheduled in the morning, but I was quite adamant that my card said 3:00 p.m. So they squeezed me in.

When I went home, I found the card.

Of course it did not say 3:00 p.m.

:tongue_smilie: