Menu

homeschooling 'mockumentary'

dbmamaz

yeah, for a moment i wondered if it was actually mean-spirited by a non-homeschooling family but then i read some of her website - she's definitely not mean-spirited

But I still wonder if they're non-homeschoolers poking a little fun, perhaps based on experience with some actual homeschoolers. Does the website say?

But I still wonder if they're non-homeschoolers poking a little fun, perhaps based on experience with some actual homeschoolers. Does the website say?

Skimming her website and book I would say they are making fun at people who have made fun of them in the past. I think they were seen as hippy weird homeschoolers and are making fun of the stereotypes people attributed to the family.

Guest wisechild

Hi guys,

I am the mad mother in the wisechild video! Thank you all for watching it. I have home schooled for 20 years. There is a serious point to the video, which is that the family who plays together stays together! How many parents can get their kids to carry them round? or have kids that don't get cross when they're pushing the car and you leave the handbrake on! Most of what I ad libbed in the video is true (although sadly there is some exaggeration), the humour was all my kids ideas! Thanks again for comments please re post if you know anyone who might like it :)

Hi guys,

I am the mad mother in the wisechild video! Thank you all for watching it. I have home schooled for 20 years. There is a serious point to the video, which is that the family who plays together stays together! How many parents can get their kids to carry them round? or have kids that don't get cross when they're pushing the car and you leave the handbrake on! Most of what I ad libbed in the video is true (although sadly there is some exaggeration), the humour was all my kids ideas! Thanks again for comments please re post if you know anyone who might like it :)

Thank you for making it. It was a hilarious video!

Guest wisechild

Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments! It's truly heartwarming that you all liked it so much. I have spent much of my home schooling years feels pretty isolated (only just got broadband. we're in a not spot) so wonderful to find that so many people GET IT! love the comments about apron and marmite! vid has had 3100 hits in 2 weeks. I love people to watch it and hope that it inspires them to have fun with they're kids cos that's what it's all about! I have a website at www.wisechild.org with a free ebook about doing it "MY WAY" also more vids and a face book group for parents who want to prioritise emotional development. thanks again for all your support, please get in touch I'm collecting people with a sense of humour! love sheila the mad motherxxx