Menu

What is the Most Absurd Thing You've Had to Say Today?

Crimson Wife

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was yesterday, but, "No, you cannot take your cigarettes into the grocery store! Leave them in the van." Then upon returning, "Yes, you may finish your pack of cigarettes."

All said to my 7yr old. :D

....his Grandmother had just given him candy cigarettes. ;)

This was yesterday, but, "No, you cannot take your cigarettes into the grocery store! Leave them in the van." Then upon returning, "Yes, you may finish your pack of cigarettes."

All said to my 7yr old. :D

....his Grandmother had just given him candy cigarettes. ;)

I can't believe they still make those things!

Guest inoubliable

I'm pretty sure that any of my, um, choice phrases would land me in some hot water here.

I'll share some weirdo thing my kid said today, though.

DS5 is sick and I convinced him to color instead of running around like a lunatic. He's drawing pictures of all of us. Cool. He does that sometimes. I get to be mountain climbing, or his older brothers get to be in a submarine. Sometimes dinosaurs are chasing us as a family across a field. This evening, though, he's drawing a picture of DH. In his work uniform. And there are these funny looking sticks coming out of the back pants pockets. So I ask him, "Why did you draw pens there? Dad has that little pocket on his shirt for his pens." And he tells me, "Those are hotdogs. Dad has hotdogs in his pants." At that, DH walks in and says, "WTF? Hotdogs in my pants??". He was seriously creeped out by the hotdogs-in-pants statement. I thought I was actually going to die from laughing. I mean, with this cough and wheezing and all.

"Ok, that's it. I've had enough of this. Go do some handstands for 12 minutes and then we can start again." When my son gets really squirmy, practicing handstands or yoga poses seems to help him calm down and refocus but without the background information, it's pretty random.

DD6: "Since you won't let me take that folder to school, I'm going to dream about zombies instead of happy things tonight."

Me: "Don't worry, your dolly will save you from the zombies."

DD6: "She can't do things like that."

Me: "Don't you remember when you had your nosebleed, you hollered, "I WANT MY DOLLLLYYYY!"

DD6: "And she was covered in blood, wasn't she?"

Me: "That's right, so don't you worry. Zombie doll is here for you. Sweet dreams."

After I said this to my 12-year-old son, I just shook my head and laughed to myself.

"You need to thrust your hips like your sister!" Even though they were working out to Jillian Michaels's "30 Day Shred" it just sounded like something a Mom should never say to her children :laugh: :laugh:

Stop griping and pull your underwear down and show the woman your junk.

Yeah ds14 had to see the urologist today, the resident was a woman, he was not impressed and was furious when I offered to step out of the room. So there was me facing the wall saying that to him.

2nd comment of the day said to dd13 No you can not lock your brother in a general population cell...wait until max security(we were at an open house of the new prison).

3rd comment said to dd5 "you do know that you just got taped on 1400 cameras picking your nose.

to dd 11 - "hey dd11, do you want to be dd17's guinea pig?" (guinea pig violin student)

to dd17 - "don't put your flies in the freezer, you might kill them, stick to the refrigerator." -she's doing a science experiment with blue bottle flies. And she didn't listen to me and killed a batch, maybe...not sure if it was the freezer or the horse-fly-repellent.

What is our number one house rule? Repeat after Mommy "do not lick the cat." The cat can clean herself. No, you are not a cat! You are a human child, not a cat!

Sadly this is an ongoing battle.

For the hundredth time, keep your tongue to yourself! I don't like to be licked! (said to my almost 8 year old)

DD likes to pretend she is a cat and will try to give us or the cats baths too.

"unless your bleeding or on fire I don't need to know about it" (regarding my 4 year old niece and her constant tattle tailing)

That is my standard statement for tattle tailing. Drives me up a wall!!

I use this all the time too and have since the first was old enough to understand it! They hear it more often for interrupting though, and I'm sure I said it yesterday. "Are you bleeding? On fire? Then you can wait." Sometimes, I like to throw in "Has an arm fallen off?" just to mix it up a little.