Menu

Well, dd is IN the high school...

After a couple of days of testing, dd is officially a public school student! I can't believe it!! I have been home schooling for 14+ years. This is SO weird. She is very excited!

I still have my senior dd and my 8th grade ds (who's already pressuring me for next year) at home. We'll have a busy year though, because if ds wants to go to high school, he's going to start next fall. I want him to be able to be ready for anything that comes his way with the testing, and have him be able to do some honors and AP courses once he gets there.

Anyway, just wanted to share.

Thanks for the update and congratulations to your dd for passing the tests!

My dd is her 2nd week of school and she's doing great. She nearly learned a hard lesson this week, though. She came home on Tuesday without her graphing calculator. Thankfully, it was in the math classroom when she got to school Wednesday morning.

She starts next Friday. I just can't believe that after 14+ years, I have a child attending ps - it seems so weird.

I guess if ds winds up going next fall (when he's in 9th grade), I'll be finished with home schooling after 15 years. It's hard for me to even fathom!

Of course, there is always the chance she'll want to come back home, but I just don't see that with this child.

She starts next Friday. I just can't believe that after 14+ years, I have a child attending ps - it seems so weird.

I guess if ds winds up going next fall (when he's in 9th grade), I'll be finished with home schooling after 15 years. It's hard for me to even fathom!

I couldn't believe it, either, when mine went to ps last year. I never, ever in a million years thought I would do that, but she's doing well and thriving.

I'm happy you've got your dd settled, and many wishes for a great school year, Stacey.

I think this dd will do well. I just hope I hold up okay! ;-p

It's like a whole season of my life is coming to an end. Oh well, I guess there really is a season for everything, and maybe I'll come upon some other wonderful leg of this journey!!

I think this dd will do well. I just hope I hold up okay! ;-p

It's like a whole season of my life is coming to an end. Oh well, I guess there really is a season for everything, and maybe I'll come upon some other wonderful leg of this journey!!

The thing that has helped me cope with losing my girl is to try to join her as much as I can in her assigned reading. I'm finding it is much more relaxing to discuss books with her just as a book buddy. I also pick her brain on what the AP English teachers are doing so I can try to learn a trick or two to use on dd#2.

You can still be involved, it's just different. I was afraid I'd be out of the loop on what she was learning, but that hasn't been the case.

Here's to the new chapter in your lives!