Menu

SOTW How many chapters a week

Coco_Clark

I just received my story of the world book and activity book (ancient times) and noticed that while in TWTM it recommends doing a chapter a week, there are 42 chapters in the book, plus an introductory chapter. We are only planning on homeschooling 36 weeks and taking a long summer break, and we are only doing history 2x a week. So I'm wondering how to fit in all those chapters...or should I even try? What did you do? Skip chapters? Do two chapters a week? Take 1.5 years to finish book 1?

Some chapters, or stories within a chapter, are less important to me than others. I will either skip them, or read them, but not do any written work to accompany them.

We started SOTW late in the year (I think it was December or January) and we're already caught up by doing it 3 days a week and skipping unimportant parts.

Some of those chapters are short, only one section. I usually just double up on those week. And some chapters are long, more than two sections. On those weeks you might have to do either spread it out over more than one week or do more history in that week.

You could also skip the occasional chapter, but I hate doing that. By paying just a little bit of attention, I have always managed to get it all done in approx 36 weeks.