Menu

WTM, does your library have a copy?

Bang!Zoom!

Harris County Library System (Houston, TX) has 13 copies (3 different editions), as well as 6 copies of The Well Educated Mind, 6-7 copies each of The Story of the World vol 1-3 on cd and 23 copies of volume 4 on cd. They also have 3 copies of History of the Ancient World and 7 copies of History of the Medieval World and 3 copies of The Art of Public Grovel.

My library has one copy of the 1999 edition which is currently being mended.

The neighboring, and larger, city's library has:

1 copies of the 2009 edition -- checked out

1 copies of the 2004 edition -- checked out

2 copies of the 1999 edition -- both currently out, one hold

Regards,

Kareni

According to our city library system website, there are 10 total copies in the system. There are 27 branches and you can have any book you want held and delivered to your branch for free. In the county system, where there is a branch 2 blocks from us, there are 14 copies over 40+ branches. Plus the county system has FLL and a bunch of other SWB or Jessie Wise books. We got all of the audio SOTWs from the city system.

My library system has 9 copies total of the 2nd and 3rd editions. I would have sworn I saw a copy of the 1st edition at my regular branch, but I can't find it in there online system.

They also have The Well Educated Mind, The History of the Medieval Word, The History of the Ancient World, Writing With Ease, all 4 SOTW plus audiobook versions, The Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading, and First Language Lessons.

I can use my library card at any one of the branches in our system and the entire catalog is online for browsing and placing hold.