Menu

WTM, does your library have a copy?

Bang!Zoom!

Three copies each of the 2004 and 2009 editions. All are checked out, two holds on the 2009 edition.

Also audio editions of all four volumes of The Story of the World, and print editions of The History of the Ancient World, The History of the Medieval World, Writing With Ease, and The Art of the Public Grovel.

At the library I checked today. It's there. Only a handful of HS books on the shelf. If it hadn't been - I'd of bought a copy to put in the collection there.

What about yours?

Just an FYI, check with your librarian before doing that, the effort might go to waste. Some libraries have policies in place that such books are put in the "sale" pile. Sometimes, the Friends of the library are who'd you have to go through to get the book put into the library around the librarians and the policy. I've seen cards inside of books in small town libraries that say: Donated by XXX in memory of XXX. Friends of XXX Library.

Yes, but only 1 and it is always there. I check it out at least once a year even though I have it. I figure it needs a walk, also, if it ever gets damaged it is good that the book is one that circulates. It will be more likely to be replaced.

No but I'm not surprised since I'm in Australia.

All of our libraries in the State just hooked up to a one card system which means I can borrow books from any library in the State including school libraries. Well in over 200 libraries there is ONE copy....and you better believe I have it on hold. LOL.

I don't know about current additions. I'm sure they have them though. However, they had the original edition when it was brand new. I happened on it when I had just decided oldest ds was not returning to ps after K. I had been fumbling with how to approach homeschooling and I found TWTM and suddenly it was there.

Yep.

A few copies of the first edition, a few copies of the second edition, and about a dozen copies of the third edition.

Plus, 3 copies of WWE and a few copies of each volume of SOTW and the activity books.

That is for our library system - 18 branches. I could drive to any of the branches within about 90 minutes or request any of the material and have it quickly delivered to my local branch.

Wendy

Ours has 6 copies of the 3rd edition, and they're all checked out. I checked out the 1st edition from the library in 1999. I know I've checked out the 2nd as well. I always had to wait for a copy before I bought mine. It looks like they've pulled the older editions from circulation.

My county library system - which if you have a card for one branch, you can check-out books from all branches - has:

7 copies of the 3rd edition from 2009

2 copies of the 2004 edition

8 copies of the 1999 edition

There's at least one copy of each currently available.

Not my tiny local branch, but my library system has 10 of the 2009, 9 of the 1999, 3 of the 2004, and most of them are currently available.

I have never looked because I own two copies... I have a used 2004 and the 2009 on Kindle (which is kind of stupid because I like to use post its and write in margins and it's a physical thing for me).

Yes, they have all three editions. They also have all of SOTW and WEM. None are ever on the shelf....they are always checked out.

Our library is good about buying requested books....I have to thank whoever, years ago, requested that they buy the 1st edition. I've requested the later editions. ;)

Yes! I have checked out the SOTW CDs and I know they have at least some of the volumes in print. They also have purchased Life of Fred (the first 8) and have homeschooler "kits" that can be checked out, as well as museum passes etc.

No, nothing by SWB or PHP, but I am not surprised. It's a good but small library. The larger ones in the area have many homeschool resources including WTM, though, and requesting from those libraries hasn't been an issue. However it does sometimes take awhile to get something on loan already, and a lawmaker from a larger city was trying to cut down ILL services even more. :(