Menu

o.k. this "bad" mama unplugged the video games....for good.

Just wanted to share this with you. I was so tired of being a policeman over the time spent on video games. We did not have a video game when dd was younger BUT of course when ds came along 8 years later we had a playstation.

Well ds absolutely loved it.......too much. He had child friendly games but he craved them. It got to the point, that's all he wanted to talk about.

The minute he got out of bed he started asking when he could play.

The kid would watch the clock until the time came where he could play. He got to play 1 hour a day but when the hour was up, he couldn't save the game until he was done with his current level. So then the whinning would start. He would get so mad.

I have never been so tired of anything in my life. So, about a month ago I unplugged the playstation2, and the wii and put them up high on a shelf.

Then I put every single game away.

Oh my gosh, at first it was very difficult for him. NOW he builds trains on his train table, designs buildings out of his kapla blocks and enjoys swimming. He is ALOT more calm and he is able to focus better. He is also in a good mood pretty much all the time.

Just wanted to share. Hope you all are having a great summer!

Amber

Oh my gosh, at first it was very difficult for him. NOW he builds trains on his train table, designs buildings out of his kapla blocks and enjoys swimming. He is ALOT more calm and he is able to focus better. He is also in a good mood pretty much all the time.

Just wanted to share. Hope you all are having a great summer!

Amber

YAY MOM! We did this too...well not completely. We just limited each "screen" to 30 mins./day. At first the girls weren't sure what to do with themselves. I had to set timers. Now I don't have to police it at all and they PLAY TOGETHER! I LOVE IT! :D

Good for you. I use to warn friends about the addiction and changes that accur over those games but gave up and figured they'd find out on their own. We got so tired of it we sold everything on ebay. After a couple of years we did let ds purchase an xbox with the understanding if he got an attitude again, or the boys started fighting it to would be sold on ebay and we have not had any issues in a year.

Mine don't get to play except on the weekend, and limited at that (they have to technically EARN time too :glare:).

But de-tox is wonderful......... well, not the process, but the results.

But we plan to only making it available on weekends. I can't even see when we'd have time to play during the week.

This is encouraging. The nephew returns in a few weeks and I am debating whether to disconnect the whole thing or limit it. I was way too lenient last semester so there will be definite rules. The comment about attitude changing and being calmer is also important. He has a tendency toward anger issues. Maybe we'll put it completely away for awhile and once we have some time homeschooling under our belts we'll bring it back out for the occasional weekend.

Glad I could be of help. No I can't send the wii to you. lol

But I would if I could. DH ended up in the ER with a torn muscle in his arm. They called it Wii Itis. lol He was getting to "in" to wii bowling.

Amber