Menu

So Mad about new neighborhood....

Truly, I like my new house, always been leary about living close to a park.

Dh , came home tonite, to say our fence has been tagged. I did not know the country had gangs.

All the homes in this neighborhood are expensive. I cannot understand it. My dh thinks its because we havent gotten to the weeds, its like a wash me on a car sign.

I am livid. I need to start a community watch. And find someone to paint over the grafitti.

GRRRRRRR.

Our back fence was just tagged as well. Our backyard fence in on a very busy street and it's the first time in 10 years this has happened.

I'm pretty mad..fences cost a lot. I guess we'll have to paint it.

Sorry you're experiencing it as well.

Did it look like gang graffiti? Probably just some kids, but you should (at least) take photos, and a call to the local police is probably warranted.

Sorry this happened.

Ramona has been on my list of "parallel life" places to live, since attending my cousin's wedding at the Mt Woodson (Amy Strong) Castle. It is so beautiful there, and that type of country touches my soul.

But your recent posts are doing a good job of putting me off the place :D

Bill

Truly, I like my new house, always been leary about living close to a park.

Dh , came home tonite, to say our fence has been tagged. I did not know the country had gangs.

All the homes in this neighborhood are expensive. I cannot understand it. My dh thinks its because we havent gotten to the weeds, its like a wash me on a car sign.

I am livid. I need to start a community watch. And find someone to paint over the grafitti.

GRRRRRRR.

But San Diego has always had gangs.:thumbdown:

We used to live in Northridge, CA and had graffiti in our neighborhood, too. When we moved to Thousand Oaks the town policy was to paint all graffiti within 24 hours so even though we had it there it wasn't as noticable. I think graffiti is part of the scene is most of So. Cal.

San Diego is such a special place - the beaches, weather, museums, zoo, scenery, special attractions. Try not to let the graffiti spoil for you because you really are living in paradise. We miss CA so much!

Sorry you are having to deal with this.

You could go down to the local police and see if they know of any graffiti artists with talent. Pay them to paint a mural and sign it with their tag. It's unlikely that any little creep is going to come and tag over someone important's work.

I don't know if it would work, but I like murals so thought I'd suggest it.

:)

Rosie

just an FYI...but you may want to contact your local police/sheriffs office...as many towns now have laws in place that a) require you to report tagging and b) require you to remove it within a certain amount of time...or risk YOU getting a fine.....I'm told it's because, statistically, the longer it's allowed to remain up...the more likely the kids are to continue.

And just because there are no gangs in your town doesn't mean there aren't little wannabes...LOL...

Sorry the little brats did that....:glare:

just an FYI...but you may want to contact your local police/sheriffs office...as many towns now have laws in place that a) require you to report tagging and b) require you to remove it within a certain amount of time...or risk YOU getting a fine.....I'm told it's because, statistically, the longer it's allowed to remain up...the more likely the kids are to continue.

And just because there are no gangs in your town doesn't mean there aren't little wannabes...LOL...

Sorry the little brats did that....:glare:

I did contact police, but the ones local are closed. I just told them to do nite patrol. And I will give local an earful tomorrow. If I get fined, I will buy a huge ferocious dog and noone will walk by my fence anymore. Or maybe I should finally get those guinea fowl, I have begging dh for.

Although a coyote was in our yard today in broad daylite.

Jet

When our gate was tagged we didn't have to re-paint it. I got some Goof-Off at the hardware store and used that on an old rag. Most of the paint came off, then I lightly sanded the area and it wasn't noticeable. (The gate is stained with an opaque white paint; the graffiti was black.) Depending on how much of your fence was affected, you might be able to try this.

You do have to use Goof-Off right away to get the best results. And it's no good for the skin so you'd want to wear disposable gloves. (It's pretty powerful stuff and might remove the original paint on things like signs, so it's good to test it first where it won't show much.)

Sorry this happened to you. :mad:

Thank you for all your support.

I called Sheriff this morning and they said if they have time they would up the patrol, basically shrugged it off.

This is a small community for San Diego standards, I think 35k. Why cant they handle kids with paint. We are not talking organized gangs. They dont even have community watch. Ridiculous, there are people walking past my house everyday and noone notices it. Gosh, couple days ago, I was calling all over to people I dont know because someones dog was in my yard, and I did not want them to get out and get hurt. Well now I am not calling. I notified next door neighbor and he could care less and he knows everyone in town. Nothing. What is wrong with these people.

I feel like hanging signs saying , we have you on camera, and we are coming to paint your house next. Or go to town, please paint, but paint something nice. Or I could put up signs up for local art studio, for lessons. I think I am going to do that.

Jet