Menu

Hallelujah Diet, good or not???

Does anyone have experience with the Hallelujah Acres diet or people? My sister and bil went there and are trying it. My nephew has epilepsy (from immunization shots, the old DPT). They were hoping it might help his seizure activity. It is actually worse. He is 14, so it could be a puberty thing as well. He's had 40 seizures this month, which is the most in 2.5 years. He is taking the product "Barley Max". Has anyone tried this and had problems from it?

He has to eat gluten free, but they are watching that closely.

If his seizures are a result of the vaccines, then he probably has some toxic metal build up, etc. If he is having more seizures than he used to have, I wouldn't necessarily say that it is because of bad diet. The Hallelujah diet focuses on foods which detox. As a result, it makes a lot of sense to me that he would indeed have more seizures as his body is moving toxins out. Seizures are the body's way of moving something quickly through it. From my herbal studies, the idea of 75-85% raw foods is very healthy, especially if you focus in on greens and veggies. BUT, like I said, those foods WILL detox the body and the more raw foods and such things as barley juice that a person consumes, the faster the detox.

have never had a problem. I don't do the Hallelujah diet, but have tried to increase my raw veggies through the years. We juice carrots a few times a week.

Actually, I have recently switched from BarleyMax to Bioraculous, which tastes fabulous and has more nutrients.

~Sabrina

Tell them about the Ketogenic Diet for epilepsy. Totally natural, studied and works miracles. Helped my son tremendously - used to have go to Johns Hopkins to start it, but now most large medical centers will train parents on it. Natural and proven medically - what could be better!

I agree that he is probably detoxing. I did the H-Diet for a year and I feel that it played a huge part in saving my life. BM is very good and nourishing. And again will speed the detox. If the additional seizures are too much for him he can slow the detox process by adding more cooked foods and less raw. Don't completely reverse the diet, just slow things down a bit.

Tell them about the Ketogenic Diet for epilepsy. Totally natural, studied and works miracles. Helped my son tremendously - used to have go to Johns Hopkins to start it, but now most large medical centers will train parents on it. Natural and proven medically - what could be better!

They have tried the ketogenic diet and it didn't help him. He's 14 and his seizures started with his 4 month dpt. Their pediatrician talked them into just 1 more shot several months later and his seizures became worse after that. Most of his grand mal seizures are during his sleep. My sister has fibromyalgia now due to her sleep being interrupted so much. Hopefully the diet is going to help her with that, although, they've told her good sleep is the only way to fix it.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll tell her about slowing the detox down some with more cooked foods.