Menu

George Grant materials for history?

Holly in FL

I have never used them, but he was a Pastor at the church we use to attend until he planted a new one. Let me tell you, that is one intelligent man! My dh loved it when he preached. He also runs the classical jr./high school in our area. My dearest friends attended it and sat under his teaching. They rave about him! He makes you really think about issues and doesn't just give you the answers. I am sure his books are the same. Anyhow, I just wanted to put in a positive plug for the man himself.

Holly,

Did you cross-post to the High School board? You might get more replies there since Gileskirk is a highschool level history curriculum. Also, there's a yahoo group that might be useful to join if you're considering using Gileskirk. There have been some recent changes in distributing the materials, as I understand it, and the folks on the yahoo group probably know more about when things will be available. It's Gileskirk Familes I believe.

Jami

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GileskirkFamilies/?v=1&t=search&ch=web&pub=groups&sec=group&slk=1

good stuff, most of it, just a warning though, it is VERY reformed theology - so if you are not reformed protestant, it will probably not appeal to you. He is very hostile to the orthodox and catholic faiths (he was an old family friend and was Eastern Orthodox briefly, and actually was the one who first introduced my family to Orthodoxy, but he has gone back to the protestant church and his histories will be very biased to the reformed perspective). Just an fyi, make sure you agree with reformed protestantism or you will probably find much of his stuff difficult to use.

Curriculum Connection .net has recommended Gileskirk for at least a couple of years and may have information still on their website. The last time I looked at Gileskirk, probably not more than a few months ago, the website they were for sale on (new) had a notice that they were parting comapny with George Grant for some reason and would no longer be selling the Gileskirk history programs. I don't know if they are available somewhere else now.

Eva