Menu

Euro clothing sizing question

He's about 50" tall, so he should wear a 130, IMO. Size 120 is for up to 50" tall, so I'd get the next size up. That's what I've always done with Hannas. If I buy summer clothes at the end of a season from Hanna, it depends on the child's general growth rate. For my DD, I used to buy 2 sizes up for the next summer, and for the boys, one size up. If you are buying clothes for fall, go with the 130, so your son can wear them again in the spring.

I'd rather clothes be a little large than fit exactly right, to give room for growth.

RC

I only use Hanna Andersson and I usually size up. The only problem sometimes are the pants are too long. I have my soon to be 5yob in 120, while his soon to be 7 year old brother just started wearing 130s. And their sister who is 2 years old than that, just started wearing 140s. They do slow down when they get older.

Our Hanna experience only extends to girl clothes, so I'm not sure how helpful it will be, but we often get bottoms one size smaller than tops. Dd is slim and on the short side, and otherwise the bottoms are way too long.

All that said, I would also go with the 130s. Kids only get bigger, right? We usually buy a size up and often get two years' wear that way. (These are mostly dresses, so long and loose is still fine. Again, not sure how that would translate to boy gear.)

Oh, I LOVE Hanna! Whenever we're in Portland, we hit the Hanna outlet in Lake Oswego. Sigh.... Yes, get the 130s.

Adorable avatar, Rose!

Thank you.

I've been cruising eBay for ours. Are the Hanna outlets really much cheaper than the catalog? It seems like a lot of companies these days put a different line in their outlets, instead of discounted goods.

Our Hanna experience only extends to girl clothes, so I'm not sure how helpful it will be, but we often get bottoms one size smaller than tops. Dd is slim and on the short side, and otherwise the bottoms are way too long.

That makes the second person who has told me the bottoms run long. My sons have completely flat rear ends. We always need waist sizes smaller than leg sizes.

All that said, I would also go with the 130s. Kids only get bigger, right?

True, that!