Menu

Draw Right Now

4ofus

The books do not correspond to grade levels. Depending on what else you are doing you might want to get one and try it. For instance there is one with several American history topics. My friend did one book a year with great success! I had all of them and used them intermingled with unit studies for years so it does depend on your families style too. We did still use them for fourth grade if that helps.

We have the whole set. We do a lot of drawing and they are part of our art shelf. My 4/5th grader is currently carrying them around with her and creating scenes from them (you can see a sample here if you scroll down a bit- sadly my phone photos don't capture just how well done they are). We love this series- they are a simple, easy intro to drawing skills that will give your kids mastery and confidence!

I say that the target age is grades 1-4, but many people have adapted them both up and down.

I often teach the background, main figure and minor figures on different days, and then spend 2 days doing a final copy of the entire picture.

I often teach just the backgrounds for geography and environmental science biome studies.

I sometimes use just the contour outlines, and then zentangle (doodle) inside the contour lines.

Unfortunately the author is dead, so I don't think there will be be any more books published. :crying: