Menu

Michelle Duggar, look out! :)

One TV station even suggested doing a documentary about what they suggested is the world's largest family.

It's an idea that amused him, but Ionce doubts they hold any record titles.

"I think we are not the largest," he said.

He's right in that they are not the largest. A man that helped build my house was one of 24 children (from the same set of parents.) He had 7 and one of his sisters had 18!:D

He's right in that they are not the largest. A man that helped build my house was one of 24 children (from the same set of parents.) He had 7 and one of his sisters had 18!:D

You beat my story by 5 kids--I once worked with a woman who was number 11 out of 19--from Cape Breton. THe eldest has left home before the youngest were born, and they didn't all meet until they had a family reunion (the eldest kids were bitter because their dad was an alcoholic.)

But the world record goes to that Russian women who had 69 children (all multiples), 67 of whom survived infancy, back in the 18th century. And this was independently verified.

My mother was one of fifteen. She used to amuse us be saying all their names. But, they weren't all home at the same time. She had nieces and nephews who were older than she. The large numbers of children weren't thought of as work at all. They were quite the opposite! They had a whole lot of fun together though.