Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maela

Peel and stick instant chalkboard

Does anyone have experience wih this? Does it really come off easy? How thick is it? If I put it on a textured wall, will the bumps come through when we write on it?

I used a peel and stick dry erase board, and it came off real easily when we moved. It wasn't really re-usable after that though. I did feel the bumps through it - not sure if it would be the same for the chalkboard or not.

I ADORED it.

I have some. I put it on my kitchen cabinets so no texture under it. It peels off and re-sticks well I guess. (I have only removed it once)

I only use it for writing chore lists and notes etc. It is not very thick. I would say thickness of construction paper.

I've used a set of 4 (12" panels) for the last 4 years that I purchased from Michaels Craft Store, we've even moved it from the living room to another bedroom upstairs to use as a schoolroom blackboard.

I would definitely reccommend it, but ust be aware that it IS far more easily scratched than a 'real' blackboard. Also, you might want to put it on a semi-gloss wall, we have a colorful aura around ours right now from the calk being wiped off onto a matte finish wall ... it's pretty but, not necessarily something that everyone would want to put up with.

Oh, and the bumps will definitely come through even a moderately textured wall; if you want to test it, take two pieces of construction paper and see if you can feel the bumps.

:lurk5:

I've thought about putting some on my pantry door, but those doors have a woodgrain texture and probably wouldn't work. Maybe the inside of my cabinets? For favorite recipes? Since I'm too short to use it on a daily basis.

I hadn't thought about the erasing part. Maybe a frame around it?

Thanks for the replies. I'm bummed that it's thin, but I guess I kind of expected that. It seems that it wouldn't be good as a much-used chalkboard on a textured wall. I don't want bumps.