Menu

What to use before Teaching Textbooks?

mo2

Honestly it is possible they are going to know enough to just start TT3 with out at lot of formal math.

it starts out pretty basic.

With my oldest we had just used the Christoperous math resources- basic quiet waldorfy math for k-2.

She is not mathy at all and still picked it up right away.

With my second who is very very mathy and has caught up to his much older sister had 0 formal math just daily math in real life ( -ie go put 6 cups on the table, how many stairs to the library door, put 3 legos back) and math picture books from the library (like Sir Cumference)

He flew through TT this year and was a bit bored with the first dozen lessons or so.

I wouldn't stress on finding a fancy or complicated program before launching TT3, If you really want something a few basic workbooks would be fine or a hand me down program but don't lay out money!.

Thanks for this. I have the Arithmetic Village books to use with him this year...so you think that will be enough before TT3?

oh those books look fun! The curric junkie in me wants them but I have so many nice math books already :)

I pulled out our TT books to see

The first lesson in TT3 covers simple adding and subtracting

0+0

9-1

1+5

lesson 2 covers ones and tens place ie how many tens and ones in 37?

lesson three even and odd-

so if you cover these ideas with your books which it looks like from the website you would be set.

it starts with lots of basic review but takes off.

hope that helps

Thanks! It seems like it starts off with very basic topics but then speeds up quickly. Yes, I can't wait to get started with the Arithmetic Village books. I'm hoping I can find some "jewels" at Hobby Lobby or something. :)