Menu

US MAP--Can you do this???

Oh, no--you're not tricking me into this one! My sis sent me one like this recently, and I failed 3rd grade geography! I know the East and West coast, and the bottom, it is the middle that totally baffles me--it all looks the same ;).

If I've driven it a million times (up and down east coast) I know it, otherwise, forget it. But I did call a friend to tell her, and she said the same thing I thought--give us ancient Mesopatamia, or Europe or something, no prob, but we never had US geography in school!! Isn't that sad! Well, maybe I'll learn with my dd this year--maybe not :).

You should try this! I didn't make it, I don't know the middle of the US very well, I mostly know the two coasts... :001_huh:

http://mistupid.com/geography/uspuzzle.htm

I only know which ones are California and Florida. :tongue_smilie:

I have a good excuse though - I live in a different country. :D

(I *could* prolly put it together if the pieces had labels - still mixed up, but labeled with what state they were..It would take a bit, but I know where some states are by name... just not by shape!)

I couldn't get NJ to stick. I put it in the right place but it wouldn't take. I wasn't terribly difficult as I just drove across the country, but some of the state shapes are the same(squarish) just different sizes. that was fun though. I love both maps and puzzles.:)

Wow....I did it....but some of it was just guessing.....:001_huh:

:iagree: Me too! By the time I got to the tiny New England states, I was just dragging stuff here and there until it was right. :tongue_smilie:

Kelsy (on the West Coast)

I did it. It took me a while. I don't know what a lot of states look like offhand. I started with MI, and then went east till I hit the Atlantic, then south, then worked west to TX and then north and west until I finished. I did not time myself. I saved this under my folder of geography games. I love geography!

About NJ (and you would think I would know this since I am from there) - it doesn't line up exactly with PA, some of it sticks down below.

• 8 months later...
Well, somehow it gets them right everytime on the flashcards. He used to draw maps of the US for fun and label them.

I'll ask him about it.

I memorized the map in 8th grade, so I was able to do it (Delaware was my last state, and New England my last region), but I found picking out the "square" shapes to be annoying, and I lay the WY and CO on top of each other, and they were virtually identical! :)

Well, somehow it gets them right everytime on the flashcards. He used to draw maps of the US for fun and label them.

I'll ask him about it.

Okay, he said that Colorado was a little longer(wider) than Wyoming.

He got them right on the map exercise he just did. He wasn't working for speed, though -- he had to tell us who we bought the lands from.

Okay, he said that Colorado was a little longer(wider) than Wyoming.

He got them right on the map exercise he just did. He wasn't working for speed, though -- he had to tell us who we bought the lands from.

He sounds like my oldest, who did all this for fun, too when he was young! Now he can tell you states, countries, flags, populations, all sorts of stuff! He was given a Barnes & Noble Gift Card for Christmas one year (when he was 12 or 13), and his chosen book was the World Almanac! :001_smile: