Menu

I really don't have time for this. (just a whine)

AlmiraGulch

I woke up in the middle of the night from the pain in my throat. That has never happened before. It's so swollen that I have mucus pooling in the back of my throat and I can't really swallow, so I feel like I'm drowning.

What in the world? I felt fine when I went to bed.

By the way, I couldn't be any busier at work. I have conference calls all day, most of which I'm leading, and looming deadlines that won't let me curl up under my covers and moan.

Anyone else glad it's Friday?

(P.S. I resisted the urge to post a Sweet Brown meme here, something like "Sore throat? Ain't nobody got time for that!", so I can't be all that sick).

(P.P.S. And apparently I have time to get on this board and whine to my virtual friends, so......)

I feel your pain - literally! Not to hijack your thread, but this week my kids and I all came down with something nasty. This week they had standardized testing at school, and I had several big meetings (way heavier than my usual full-time work week). We powered through Monday - Wednesday, but in the wee hours of Thursday morning, my dd woke up with a massive nosebleed. It looked like a crime scene over here. I was still getting ready to send her to school in the morning, but then she had another bad nosebleed and I was afraid to push it. Both kids were coughing, hurting, tired, nauseous, and a little warm. I had to drag them to work with me so I could attend an important client meeting - the client had flown in for the first time just to meet with me and my partner. Awesome, huh? What a great image we're building over here. My kid actually lay down for a nap on the bathroom floor (thankfully while the client was out to lunch with the partners). Finally as the coughing and moaning got worse, the client encouraged me to go take my kids to the doctor, which I did. Got home and all three of us collapsed in bed. Wish I could sleep today away, but I have a couple more deadlines. Ugh. I most definitely do not have time for this!

I hope you feel better soon!

You know what makes my throat feel better? Heat up Tang mixed with instant ice tea mix. It cuts the glop in the back and soothes. Just a thought to get you through the day! :grouphug:

I've never heard of that! I think I'll be sending DH to the store. He'll be mad he has today off by the time I'm through with him.

I feel you pain - literally! Not to hijack your thread, but this week my kids and I all came down with something nasty. This week they had standardized testing at school, and I had several big meetings (way heavier than my usual full-time work week). We powered through Monday - Wednesday, but in the wee hours of Thursday morning, my dd woke up with a massive nosebleed. It looked like a crime scene over here. I was still getting ready to send her to school in the morning, but then she had another bad nosebleed and I was afraid to push it. Both kids were coughing, hurting, tired, nauseous, and a little warm. I had to drag them to work with me so I could attend an important client meeting - the client had flown in for the first time just to meet with me and my partner. Awesome, huh? What a great image we're building over here. My kid actually lay down for a nap on the bathroom floor (thankfully while the client was out to lunch with the partners). Finally as the coughing and moaning got worse, the client encouraged me to go take my kids to the doctor, which I did. Got home and all three of us collapsed in bed. Wish I could sleep today away, but I have a couple more deadlines. Ugh. I most definitely do not have time for this!

I hope you feel better soon!

See? That's why I post here. Sometimes you just need someone to commiserate with you! And I do hope you and yours feel better, too.