Menu

Check out my homemade HS organizer!

july232008028-1.jpg

Ds better like it LOL! It has 5 pockets for file folders - one for each day of the school week, and an extra pocket for pencils/crayons/etc.

I made it from an old couch slip cover that had passed it's prime:tongue_smilie: , so it was virtually free:hurray:

(Never mind the stacked dishes and smudges on the wall:blush:, but my dc live here as well...:lol:)

Ds better like it LOL! It has 5 pockets for file folders - one for each day of the school week, and an extra pocket for pencils/crayons/etc.

I made it from an old couch slip cover that had passed it's prime:tongue_smilie: , so it was virtually free:hurray:

(Never mind the stacked dishes and smudges on the wall:blush:, but my dc live here as well...:lol:)

Wow! Really nice, crafty. We have that same stack of dishes and smudges here.....:tongue_smilie:

Very nifty. What do you put in the file folders, if I may be so bold?:)

I put in any paperwork for ds to complete that day (this week it's Kumon wb pages and handwriting practice). I think I'll add a daily checklist for readings and chores, etc.

That's awesome!:D Practically free is always good too! ;)

Free is my price range these days LOL!:tongue_smilie:

Very nice and creative!!! Come rub off on me, or at least show me how to work my sewing machine...:D

I think I actually got the idea from you in a previous thread.....? Didn't you give some links to something similar?

I am filing this idea away as I move us into our new school room. I could whip up one of those for each kid! Great idea.

...or, you could just label the pockets Mon, Tues, and label the folders with the child's name. This way you have one organizer for all your dc.

Very cool! Question: Do you have anything stiff supporting it? Like, if you took the folders out, would it be limp? This would be a really useful organizer for some of my crew!

Thanks for sharing!

Nope. It's just fabric. It's heavy upholstry fabric, and I nailed it to the wall pretty good - down the sides and at the bottom too. It feels sturdy, and ds easily used it today:)

You did such a good job, I really like the look of it. I'd pay for one of those.:001_smile:

july232008028-1.jpg