Menu

Prayers for Impish

specialmama

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point I'm going to be assessed daily. Any sign of infection and into surgery. I'm more at risk of infection than them having to deliver during surgery...but if they can put it off,day by day, they will.

Reality is, it may well be tomorrow. I ate tonight, nothing huge...apple sauce, yogurt, pudding and pains amped up. I don't think they're going to feel its a safe risk.

I'll update as best I can. I do know it won't be a laprascopic procedure so it's going to be a harder recovery but already babe is too big that there's concern about hitting the uterus.

Pray that he's not delivered during surgery that he waits a good long time.

Thanks for the update, Imp.

I'm still praying for you and the baby, as well as for Wolf and the kids at home -- they must be very worried about you!

Keep us posted when you can, but most importantly, try to get some rest.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you! :grouphug:

Yeah Tazzie loads the guilt on. Boo acts like he's looking for me through the house. Princess tells me to get better already and come home. Even Diva admits she misses me.

Being on call for surgery makes it impossible for them to visit since I am worried they'd show up just as I wsd leaving or had left. Hopefully we'll figure something out if on call ends at 5 we can plan an eve visit. Its been up yo 1030 so far.

How do they tell how bad the gall ladder is Imp? Dh's was very bad......diseased....but no stones. They could tell from the Hida scan that it wasn't working, but not really how bad it was until they got it out. Did you have a Hida scan? Not sure if you can have that while pregnant.....

No scan just u/s. All blood work has been OK. No fever, etc. Just pain and more pain and stones seen in u/s.

Since white count is OK they're sure there's no infection at this point...but the pain not backing off tells them this needs out that its only going to get worse.

No scan just u/s. All blood work has been OK. No fever, etc. Just pain and more pain and stones seen in u/s.

Since white count is OK they're sure there's no infection at this point...but the pain not backing off tells them this needs out that its only going to get worse.

Ok. I see. Well I am glad you are in the hospital....I know they are carefully weighing what is best for you and baby.

:grouphug: imp. wow. its a lot. prayers for all of you.

fwiw, i'd vote for risking it bringing the kids in. its hard on them not being able to see you, kwim? when i was in hospital for 3 weeks, someone brought my kids each saturday. it helped them a ton to know that there was a plan for them to be able to see me, and when it was. it gave them a security they needed. and really? if you are in surgery when they get there, wolf can take them to the hospital chapel to pray and then get them ice cream or something...

ann

Hang in there, baby! Don't come too soon! My dream was just a dream, nothing more! :o

Hang in there, too, mama. Frustrating for sure... but I take comfort in knowing they're being cautious. Difficult considering pain and frustration, but I vote for turning this into some sort of vacation. Do you have one of those mini televisions? Does your bed have the buttons that can move your body in all sorts of positions? Are there any good books to read? Does the hospital have a hair stylist or anything that you can indulge in?