Menu

Which Bible study was against allergies? BSF or CBS?

TravelingChris

I remember reading on this board that one of these groups was very unwelcoming to parents who had food allergy or other allergy kids, like they didn't allow them to participate. As I move to being a retired homeschooler in a little over two years, I may want to join such a Bible Study since I liked one I did years before with my kids (no kid had an allergy at that time). However, I remember being outraged at the rejection of allergic families and I do not want to belong to such a group. My memory, though, is not good enough to remember which one it was that was so unwelcoming. Yes, I won't have an allergenic kid in the group since I don't plan to do this until youngest has graduated but someone mentioned a grup very near my house they enjoy this last weekend and now that has made me think about this again. That person doesn't have any small children either so I am sure she knows nothing about whether the group she attends discriminates against allergenic kids. Does anyone know?

Maybe it was the Epi-pens that were an issue and maybe since that discussion the group changed their mind. I know we discussed this about four or five years ago.

I think the concern about the EpiPens was that the leaders weren't comfortable administering them, so they would have to find the parent, which might cost valuable time. Not sure, though.