Menu

Frozen Cookie Dough, etc.

1Togo

With just one student left to homeschool, you would think I would have oodles of time, but I am as busy as I was with more children. So...I am stocking my freezer with meals, making mixes, etc. Does anyone have a good cookie dough that can be frozen? I would love a basic dough that can altered with spices and add-ins. Also, does anyone have a good quick bread mix? The muffin mix from Make-a-Mix is yummy, and it has many variations. The quick bread isn't as good.

Thanks!

1togo

I've yet to find a cookie dough that doesn't do well frozen. I spoon it out into balls, freeze on a cookie sheet, and then put them in a ziplock to pull out a few at a time.

Yup! I do this all the time. I like to make double batches and freeze the dough balls. Then I can bake only what I think we should eat. ;-) Don't forget to write the oven temp and baking time on the bag to make it easier at baking time.

i scoop mine in to mini-muffin pans to freeze, then put in a ziploc. i also have not found one that doesnt freeze well, even now that i'm gfcf.

honestly, i cant imagine a mix for quickbreads makes it that much faster than from scratch? buttermilk helps tho . . oh, you can freeze buttermilk too!

I spoon it out into balls, freeze on a cookie sheet, and then put them in a ziplock to pull out a few at a time.

In our house, this would not be to pull out a few at a time to bake, but rather to pull out a few at a time to eat straight from the freezer. :drool5:

Erica in OR