Menu

Teacher's File Box is back at the co-op. Just FYI

Dolphin

I'm very interested in this but concerned about the print quality. Can someone see the link I've posted here and tell me if all of their PDFs look like this? If so, I just don't see how the company can consider this acceptable quality. I can't even read it on the screen, much less in print!

http://www.evan-moor.com/pickup/ComparingContrasting.pdf?utm_source=Pardot&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EMNewsletter

I'm very interested in this but concerned about the print quality. Can someone see the link I've posted here and tell me if all of their PDFs look like this? If so, I just don't see how the company can consider this acceptable quality. I can't even read it on the screen, much less in print!

http://www.evan-moor...gn=EMNewsletter

mine doesn't look like that. It's clear when I print it. I do think it could be a bit darker, but that could be my printer setting.

The quality of that pdf looked fine to me.

I just bought it--I'd been planning to for a little while. The print quality if fine. I don't know if I'll decide it was worth it but it was easy enough to print a couple of fun history pockets for my kids to use.

I've read a tip on here that it is easier to navigate the File Box site if you first look up the EMC number for the book you want and then search for it that way.

there is a spot where you can print out a free activity.

I think for me it will be worth it. I went to the Evan Moore site yesterday and wrote down the book numbers of what I wanted. I've just been typing in the numbers of the books and putting the whole thing in a file in my file box. So far I have printed Daily Science 2, separated the teacher and student parts into booklets and proclicked them, and the first history pocket. I have saved to pdf a bunch more.

I love what I"m seeing so far. I can see where it will be a great guide to other things. I can always add books and videos to the subjects.

I think it will be a great tool for me this year.

Yes, having the EMC number is a must if you want to print a whole book. If you go to Amazon and look at the front image of the book you'd like to print, the EMC number is usually listed in the upper left. It says EMC XXXX,

I will be using Daily Editing again, Daily Science and Read and Understand Science, History Pockets, Daily Language Review and Daily Geography....my younger in particular loves variety!

you can save it as a pdf and then print it later. When you go to print it it will give you options.

I bought it this morning. I've spent about an hour and a half filing and printing stuff. I think it will be very useful this year.

Do you have a special program you use to save it to PDF? I'm trying to figure out how to do that

Do you have a special program you use to save it to PDF? I'm trying to figure out how to do that

I think I have adobe shock player and that is how it does it. Now it doesn't work if I use Internet explorer, but it works if I use google chrome. If I go through google chrome, when I press print it comes up in a box that has printing options and you click on save to PDF. Then you choose your folder where you want to put it. It makes it much easier to print that way, I have found.

I have had this for three years and consider it worth it to me. The copies are great to me. And if you go to renew after you do sign up from HSBC, they will give you the current HSBC price.

Yes, I saw that in my agreement, that they renew you at your purchase price. I think that is awesome. I think I will keep a subscription for years to come. I love how I can get different levels of activities, not just stuck with one grade in one book.

I think I have adobe shock player and that is how it does it. Now it doesn't work if I use Internet explorer, but it works if I use google chrome. If I go through google chrome, when I press print it comes up in a box that has printing options and you click on save to PDF. Then you choose your folder where you want to put it. It makes it much easier to print that way, I have found.

Thanks!

I've only used Explorer, but I think I have Chrome, too. I will definitely be checking it out.

I have had Teacher File Box for nearly a year now. I'm currently on the monthyly subscription but I may do the annual through the co-op. I was loosely following the curriculum at Timberdoodle and I found that in k-6 years they were using a lot of Evan Moor stuff. It made sense to just get it through Teacher File Box. It's much more affordable that way and there is a wide variety of books to use.

I downloaded a free pdf creator called Primopdf but there is one called Nitro I think too. Then you print from the site and when the printer box pops up.. use the drop down menu to choose Primopdf instead of your printer and it prints to a pdf file that you save.

I did a week of that book with my son before trying, and settling on, the 4th grade book. It looks fine to me on screen (a little like something that has been photo copied too many times but legible) but the print is clearer than that. I print on an HP Photosmart, sometimes on fast, economy print if I'm doing a lot. I've never had a problem with the quality.

Oh I am having a fabulous time downloading and organizing materials! Love it! I can pull things from several different books. First lesson in Daily science 2 is life cycles and talks about kangaroos the first week. I found a bunch of other stuff on kangaroos and marsupials we can do all week. I wish I had known about this for kindy.

I am thrilled.

After saving to PDF, you can upload it to Dropbox, which if you have installed on your iPad, will put it on your iPad and you don't need to print some things. Works great!