Menu

Made killer gluten free/dairy free banana muffins

justamouse

Yum! But, I have to say, Justamouse, when I read your title, I thought you made a killer some muffins. I thought, "Now, why would a bad person deserve yummy muffins?" :laugh:

OR, the muffins could have made people into killers...which wouldn't be a good thing.

I think I'll try them this weekend as I have some bananas to use. I don't have any coconut flour so will try with all almond. Or possibly whiz some unsweetened coconut in the food processor and make flour.

I made the Cheddar Bay Almond Flour Bisquits last night and they were a hit. One dd said they were the best thing I made in the last month. I actually think they were tastier than a biscuit made with white flour.

Callie

Callie- almond and coconut flour are not interchangeable. Also, if you use ground coconut for flour it won't be the same as reg. coconut flour as the coconut is defatted before being made into flour.

justamouse- thanks for the recipe- I bet the kids would like that. I have a pumpkin muffin recipe-coconut flour which is divine, especially w/ chunks of dark chocolate.

Gluten Free Banana Nut Muffins.

THANK YOU! I was googling around for just this sort of thing yesterday, but everything I pulled up included at least one ingredient I didn't want to use and didn't know how to substitute (mostly "protein powders" like whey, rice powder, etc.). These look awesome, and use exactly the type of ingredients I was looking for. Yum!

Jackie

THANK YOU! I was googling around for just this sort of thing yesterday, but everything I pulled up included at least one ingredient I didn't want to use and didn't know how to substitute (mostly "protein powders" like whey, rice powder, etc.). These look awesome, and use exactly the type of ingredients I was looking for. Yum!

Jackie

Tell me how you like it!

Can you post this, please? :bigear:

Jackie

I was going to ask the same. :D

Just put some into the oven. Only I used coconut oil, no eggs but extra flax seed and coconut milk. (Working on making vegan gluten free.) Looking forward to trying them.

I'm thinking they may not rise without the eggs? But if you're vegan, you may have worked this stuff out before?

These look delicious! I'm wondering about the coconut flour. I've never cooked with coconut flour and I'm hesitant because I really don't like the taste of coconut. Does this taste coconut-y?

Not in the least. There's not a lot of coconut flavor to the flour. I mean, if you open the container and whiff, then yes, there's a slight hint, but not in these amts.