Menu

Does anyone know funschooler6 IRL?

The poor thing just lost her husband, and I can't even imagine.

Are there any IRL friends of funschooler6 on here who would could co-ordinate sending flowers from the hive?

Just an idea. We lost MIL and FIL in the past few years, and it was noticed who sent flowers.

I just so grieve for her.

I'm with you, Bethany. I can't even imagine being in her place. The Hive has done such amazing, wonderful things for people in crisis here. I would love to help her in some little way.

I don't even know where she lives. I'd love to clean her house for her. It's kinda what I do. ;)

I don;t know her irl but I did pm her to see if there is a charity she wanted donations to in lieu of flowers, or one of those meal places that puts it all together and then she could just reheat or something. I will coordinate this if/when I hear back from her. I also feel the need to do something, and while nothing will be enough, I feel the call to do something.

I don;t know her irl but I did pm her to see if there is a charity she wanted donations to in lieu of flowers, or one of those meal places that puts it all together and then she could just reheat or something. I will coordinate this if/when I hear back from her. I also feel the need to do something, and while nothing will be enough, I feel the call to do something.

I like the idea of meals. Something practical...flowers are of course nice too, but I feel more like I am doing something if I can see a need being met.

I like the idea of meals. Something practical...flowers are of course nice too, but I feel more like I am doing something if I can see a need being met.

Or if we could find out if she belongs to a homeschool group in her area?

We belong to a small homeschool group, but we have a member who coordinates meals for people who have lost a family member, have an ill person in the family, a new baby's arrival, etc. and she collects meals from other members and delivers them for as long as they're needed.

Perhaps her homeschool group has such a service?

Gift cards to a grocery or restaurant that delivers could be very useful, and they won't wilt or have to find a home after the service. Anyone helping out IRL could use it for her, if need be. Not everyone likes the deli meat tray that seems to be the standby around here. ;)

I'll be happy to contribute via Paypal if someone organizes it.

I'd like to pitch in, too.

But... just tossing this out there. If she hasn't checked in here, or doesn't choose to... well, sometimes leaving someone alone for a while to grieve privately is the kindest thing you can do. Everyone processes grief differently. Just a thought...

:iagree: But, I'd also be interested in something if it's done.

I'd like to pitch in, too.

But... just tossing this out there. If she hasn't checked in here, or doesn't choose to... well, sometimes leaving someone alone for a while to grieve privately is the kindest thing you can do. Everyone processes grief differently. Just a thought...

That's my thinking too Audrey. I sent the 1 pm but I will not send more. She has enough to focus on right now, without feeling like she *has* to reply to everyone etc. We don't have to do anything immediately. She will get an outpouring right away I am sure for those around her, sometimes getting those flowers, or meals, or whatever 3-6 months later is what is needed more than in the immediate aftermath

:iagree: But, I'd also be interested in something if it's done.

That's my thinking too Audrey. I sent the 1 pm but I will not send more. She has enough to focus on right now, without feeling like she *has* to reply to everyone etc. We don't have to do anything immediately. She will get an outpouring right away I am sure for those around her, sometimes getting those flowers, or meals, or whatever 3-6 months later is what is needed more than in the immediate aftermath

Thank you for understanding my point. I, too, would like to do something, but I hesitate to rush in at times like this, although that is, I believe, a common and natural and caring response.

I heard back from funschooler6 today. It sounds like for the time being the community has really rallied around, they are staying with her folks, and her MIL works with teh fire department and has organized meals to be dropped off daily. His buddies are raising funds for a memorial. And she said people she didn't even know that knew him years ago (like a temp agency) have sent cards. Her dh sounds like an amazing guy that touched a lot of people and those people are responding now in their time of need. I have assured her they will remain in my prayers (and I am sure those of many of you as well) and that the offer will always stand, if she should every need anything we will come through even if it is some time down the road. For the time being as devestating as the loss is I can only hope to be as loved and remembered when I pass as her dh is now.