Menu

He passed away last night

funschooler5

I'm very sorry. Please be very gentle to yourself. I understand the guilt feeling from when my son passed away. The last thing I said to him when he called that afternoon was that I was busy and would call him back. Only, I never did call him back. I remember thinking about that literally in the first couple of minutes after I found out he had died. Grief brings guilt and you just need to remember that you did the best you could and find your way to peace. That is going to take a long time and you just do what you can when you can. Many hugs to you and your family. Please come back here and share whatever you need because you need friends. We are all here to help you through that.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry to hear this.

And consider how you were there for him and supported him through this last stage. The guilt of missing the very end must be horrible, but take comfort in the overall picture of care you provided. It sounds like no one expected it this soon. You did what you could.

I am so, so sorry. I don't know if it might help you but when my sister lost her husband in a car accident she found support on this forum for young widows. http://www.youngwidow.org/ She did join a real life widow group too but finding those who also lost spouses while young online was helpful I know. The other thing I know is that guilt feeling is so often a part of the grief--I know that doesn't help process your own feelings.

Hugs for you and all your dear family. I'm so sorry you've lost your husband. Luke sounds like a lovely man, and you've honored him well already, sharing his story, taking care of his children, and making all the hard decisions concerning his care and the organ donations.

May you find some comfort and a measure of peace in the days ahead as you and the children love on each other, recalling the sweet times. :grouphug:

And so I said no to some other things to compromise and yes to those. But now I don't know if it was the right thing to do or not. I just felt like something good should come out of this.

My heart goes out to you for your compassion for others in your complete time of grief. We will send continued prayers for your family.