Menu

MFW and Noeo Science

bethanyjoy

I am very interested in both of these programs. Would it be possible to do both or would that be too much? I know that MFW includes science, but I really like the look of Noeo. If I choose to definately do Noeo Science, would you all think it is okay to still do MFW Adventures and above or would you all suggest finding a history only curriculum to do along with Noeo. Thanks!

Bethany

I would not skip the science in Adventures as it is connected to the Bible study on Names of Jesus.

but... if you want to do science on other days of week, or do a little more for fun, and they enjoy it.... you can add anything you want to mfw... .just get done with school and service first, right?

is the ADV science too light? I don't think so, but with my oldest in 11th grade, I have such a different view on all of it........ it's easy to expand the existing science.... have student do the extras from the internet linked book given... try variations on experiments.... do the lab write up, book basket, and nature walk.... for 2nd grade, yes, it is fine to use at level materials.

however, if you really want to add more.... save it for fun Fridays, and lighter days in week.... and enjoy adding it in. Don't overkill with too many write ups, etc. let them enjoy it. and if they yawn and need a break, set down the extras.

some people add more with science kits, or more labs or field trips, or just lifestyle... but that could be said for any subject in Adventures... you might add learning an instrument or learning dance instead of just doing an overview of composer and classical music. .. doesn't mean it's too light for real school... just means you have an interest and time to do it at this age.

enjoy it!

My child went to public school for K and 1st. After receiving Adventures for his 2nd grade year, I looked through the science. 99% of it was things that he had learned while in K and 1st and he also retained most of it.

The science in Adventures is also very short, not a lot of reading. So this year we've gone over most of the Adventures science, but we also added Apologia Flying Creatures 2x per week. It has been a good fit. The MFW science (while usually scheduled for 2 days) we combined into 1 day per week. So we're doing science 3 days a week which is very doable.