Menu

What size shoe does a boy go to after youth size 6 (not toddler)?

HappyGrace

Well you've got your answer. At this point shoes get so expensive the growing child stays in them a short time. Watch carefully for when he is the same size as you or your dh and still growing. I would advise buying him the nicest shoes during that size, because they get handed down to you. That's how I got the best hiking boots ever. When I realized ds was trying on my size and he wouldn't wear the boots more than a year and couldn't possibly wear them out, I upgraded the quality of boot I got him.

Well you've got your answer. At this point shoes get so expensive the growing child stays in them a short time. Watch carefully for when he is the same size as you or your dh and still growing. I would advise buying him the nicest shoes during that size, because they get handed down to you. That's how I got the best hiking boots ever. When I realized ds was trying on my size and he wouldn't wear the boots more than a year and couldn't possibly wear them out, I upgraded the quality of boot I got him.

:D My 10 yr dd wears a women's size 8, which just happens to be my size. I've become much more interested in the shoes she picks out because I know they will be mine before long.

Looks like Kamik boots only go up to youth size 6, so I'm wondering if boys' shoes only go up to size 6, and what do they then go to after that?

http://www.kamik.com/kamik_winter10/en/sizechart.shtml their size chart shows a youth size 7. I selected the boys Kamik Coaster and it also shows youth size 1 - 7.

The guys shoes have all kiinds of different cuttings even for the same brand. My hubby wears different sizes depending on the cut even for gym shoes.

I just bought DS a mens size 7. Walmart cheapy shoes. He's happy with them. But that is good advice on buying him NICE boots for when he hits my size next winter. I could use some new good hiking/winter boots. I did notice recently while folding his new jeans that they are the same length as my jeans. So if I lost 100 lbs, I'd be able to share his pants :laugh: