Menu

Beast Academy 3D is available!

matilda

I want to order this, even though it kind of falls in between my kids' levels right now. I also need to order AoPS for my DS1. I can't get the carts to combine; it seems like they are totally separate. Since shipping is free over $100 on AoPS, I am wondering if I can get free shipping on the whole thing, which would save me $5 ;) Does anyone know if there's a way to combine shipping? It is set up like two separate stores almost.

I want to order this, even though it kind of falls in between my kids' levels right now. I also need to order AoPS for my DS1. I can't get the carts to combine; it seems like they are totally separate. Since shipping is free over $100 on AoPS, I am wondering if I can get free shipping on the whole thing, which would save me $5 ;) Does anyone know if there's a way to combine shipping? It is set up like two separate stores almost.

put BA in your cart from the AoPS website rather than from Beast Academy's website.

Thank you, ladies. I'm $59 poorer now (I had decided to wait to order 3C until 3D was available), but we have fun math coming in the mail! My 8 year-old is doing cartwheels around the family room right now to celebrate the new Beast books headed our way. A child literally flipping over math? Well worth the $$$ IMHO!

Thank you, ladies. I'm $59 poorer now (I had decided to wait to order 3C until 3D was available), but we have fun math coming in the mail! My 8 year-old is doing cartwheels around the family room right now to celebrate the new Beast books headed our way. A child literally flipping over math? Well worth the $$$ IMHO!

LOL. I ordered both, too. Once I told the kids, I had a 9yo on one side and a 7yo on the other grabbing my arm, hugging me, and jumping up and down. Gotta love that.

Question-- i have a DD8 who is finishing up Singapore 2B. She says she doesn't like Singapore. She did like RS B, said it was more fun. Would Beast Academy 3 be close in level to SM 3A? Also, is the practice book necessary?

TIA!

You could have your dd take the readiness test on the BA site. My dd is in SM 2B and is doing a wee bit of BA 3A on the side -- it's tough, but mostly because of the nature of the problems rather than the background knowledge necessary, in my opinion.

The practice book is essential to making BA work as a curriculum. There are basically no problems in the Guides / texts.

Question-- i have a DD8 who is finishing up Singapore 2B. She says she doesn't like Singapore. She did like RS B, said it was more fun. Would Beast Academy 3 be close in level to SM 3A? Also, is the practice book necessary?

TIA!

We don't use Singapore, so I can't speak to the specific Scope & Sequence, but you could easily see what topics are covered in the BA books by looking at their site. I suspect the level of difficulty would be about the same. I use Beast Academy as a supplement to Math Mammoth, but it could certainly be used as a main program for the *right* type of learner. I personally feel that the practice books are where the magic happens. The presentation in the guide is so fun, so enchanting, so brilliant~ BUT, the practice book is the place where the child is challenged to apply the concepts.

My dd started BA while doing 3a Singapore, and she was not as engaged as she is now. Since then she's done a combo of things, but basically covered Singpore 3a-3b and Math Mammoth 4a and 1/2 of 4b. Beast Academy 3a is much more engaging to her now. Of course, she's also almost a year older, so maturity may be a factor.