Menu

7/28 Runners/Walkers/Swimmers

I got up at 5:15 and was out the door by 5:30 to walk and run. I went 2.5 miles, running almost half of that. It took me 28 minutes...which is longer than the other day when I did it in 25, but I'm ok with it. I wanted to go one more time up and down my street but I felt a tad sick at my stomach this morning.

I put in my 3.5 this morning at 6:30 - boy is this better than hitting the road at 10:00! Here's my plan for the week:

Monday - 3.5 (steady running)

Tuesday - 2 (fast pace)

Wednesday - Strength - lower body

Thursday - 3 (pick-ups)

Friday - Strength - upper body

Saturday - 4.5 (long run with my training group)

Sunday - rest

What's everyone else's gameplan for the week?

~Cindy

Good job, Scarlett!

pssst: there's already a 7/28 check-in thread. Repost over there (http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45476). I'm sure TPTB will delete this thread or merge the two :D

Oh, thanks! I DID do a search before I started the thread and I didn't see it....Hmmmm....off to post on the other one. Thank you.

I ran yesterday (didn't post) evening and felt good about my time. It was my normal 5 km route.

Today I'm at work all day and tonight my girlfriends and I are going out to celebrate one of their birthdays so running is on the back burner until tomorrow (at which time I'll have to really kick butt to burn some of tonight's extra calories)!

I have been telling myself for three weeks that I was going to start getting up early to get back on a good schedule before we start school. And today, I finally did!

I went for about 2.5 miles in 25 min. I walked more than I wanted to, but I was running faster than I had been. I need to balance that out.

I have been telling myself for three weeks that I was going to start getting up early to get back on a good schedule before we start school. And today, I finally did!

I went for about 2.5 miles in 25 min. I walked more than I wanted to, but I was running faster than I had been. I need to balance that out.

What time do you get up Wendy? Have you followed an exercise program while you homeschool? I'm nervous about things falling apart for me when school starts. And I only have one child.:tongue_smilie:

Mondays are my scheduled long run... as I have a race on Saturday, I opted to take it easier than prescribed by my training plan. I did 9 miles in just about an hour and twenty minutes. Though I did stop briefly at 4.5 for water and a little stretching.

Originally, I had planned on running a marathon in early October. I'm not sure I want to push myself that hard right now. I need to do some serious evaluating. Much will depend on how I do come Saturday.

Mondays are my scheduled long run... as I have a race on Saturday, I opted to take it easier than prescribed by my training plan. I did 9 miles in just about an hour and twenty minutes. Though I did stop briefly at 4.5 for water and a little stretching.

Originally, I had planned on running a marathon in early October. I'm not sure I want to push myself that hard right now. I need to do some serious evaluating. Much will depend on how I do come Saturday.

Wow! So impressive. I'm jealous.