Menu

So discouraged and overwhelmed

freeindeed

:grouphug:

I am in the same boat and would love to find a devotional or something inspirational to read on 'down' days.

IRL, everyone keeps telling me how it will all work out in the long run, but that isn't very helpful for the day in and day out reality.

OP, I don't know your child's dx or how long you have had a dx. We are just four months into our dx (with an upper elementary age child) and I feel like I am still in the denial/anger/guilt/mourning cycle and can't bust through. Does one finally just adjust and deal with the dx?

(((hugs))) All I can say is, the Word is the only thing that can fill you up. I know devotions are good, but they're kinda like Twinkies and Ding Dongs. No athlete training for a marathon would dream of getting very far on such a fluffy diet. But the Word is sustenance for you soul and for your journey. Steak. Potatoes. It will prepare you for running a race, not slodging through with small puffs of energy. (((hugs))) I'm glad you found some light/er reading, but as your sister in Christ with a special lamb of my own, I wanted to help redirect your eyes up. He is where your true rest lies. :grouphug: