Menu

This is not a Heart of Dakota bashing thread...

Michelle My Bell

What the high school plan?

Frankly ANY whole books program is going to be expensive if you don't already have a home library well stocked. Books are just expensive.

And high school is usually significantly more than lower grades. The texts are expensive and quality lesson plans are usually lengthier and more in depth.

I ballparked that missions from HOD would ballpark for everything at approx $700ish.

Maybe instead of buying high school all new, you could go back to one of guides you used a couple years ago and only buy the extension pack for it?

I was intrigued by the whole books cm styled lure until I actually got a Better level guide in my hands to browse through. Personally, I didn't think it was all that well done or very CM. *shrugs*

I hope you find something that will work better for you.

You do realize this is a really old thread from Feb. I actually use HOD and have for several years. I think I was just frustrated because I want a CM curriculum and as I have been studying CM I realize that HOD is less CM than I realized. Many homeschool providers claim to be CM but they really aren't, that's all.