Menu

If I have insomnia, it's ok to

wake ds/dd & do school, right? I mean, I want to be productive & all. And school's pretty fun. Esp in the middle of the night.

I'd be generous. I wouldn't make him learn to write an essay or anything. I'd read him the ch on Shakespeare that we discussed but didn't actually get around to reading earlier today. Some poetry, maybe, because we were discussing iambic pentameter.

(Maybe that's why the people across from us were laughing & looking our direction? Or do you think it was the 1yo's imitation of a monkey? Hmmm...)

You're going to have a baby in less than two weeks?? If I was in your situation, and was waking my kids to join me in my insomnia, I'd have them rubbing my feet, cleaning the house and bringing me [*insert favorite food choice of the day*], lol.

But if you want to do school, I guess that's okay too!

My version of insomnia involves uninterrupted bubble baths, Food Network, or magazine reading. Certainly not school - especially if I were in the homestretch of a pregnancy! LOL

BTW - I am watching Food Network right now. At 1:24 am. I've seen this same show three times tonight and I'm still watching it. :001_rolleyes:

My version of insomnia involves uninterrupted bubble baths, Food Network, or magazine reading. Certainly not school - especially if I were in the homestretch of a pregnancy! LOL

BTW - I am watching Food Network right now. At 1:24 am. I've seen this same show three times tonight and I'm still watching it. :001_rolleyes:

Well, I've already had my bubble bath, & we don't have a functioning TV or cable. :bored:

My magazines are hs mags, so they make me want to do school, lol! I have been appeasing myself w/ lesson planning, but there's only so much you can do. Plus, I have an order that's been held up, so I can't do anything w/ those books yet.

My favorite pastime is putting stuff in my buggy at Amazon & taking it out, lol. But eventually that gets old, too.

I guess I can harrass my kids tomorrow. But I bet I'll be too sleepy then. Something about the end of a pg...I guess your body's getting ready for sleepless nights, but it seems like it would make more sense to do that by stocking up on sleep, not w/drawal. LOL

Well, if I didn't live 800 miles away, I have a big stack of Real Simple magazines you could plow through.

I always wondered why I couldn't sleep at the end of a pg too, when that's when you need it the most. And just when you finally DO get to sleep, you have to get up to go pee... again.

Well, if I didn't live 800 miles away, I have a big stack of Real Simple magazines you could plow through.

I always wondered why I couldn't sleep at the end of a pg too, when that's when you need it the most. And just when you finally DO get to sleep, you have to get up to go pee... again.

Yep, yep, yep. Gotta pee.

You better keep the Real Simple mags, though. I LOVE those, but I'm afraid I've already moved my share of furniture this pg.

We sold the kids' bunk beds & bought loft beds instead. We sold our futon & got a real sofa in a nice neutral green. We gave away our brown bookcases & brought (& bought) white ones, rearranged & categorized all of our books, made new matching curtains, tablecloths, & a lamp. Ok, we didn't make the lamp, but you know what I mean.

Etc. Ad infinitum. Dh doesn't want me looking at any home-type mags right now.

And to make it worse, once I finished all of this, I realized what we really needed: to buy a house, lol! (We're living in seminary housing.)

I guess it's back to lesson-planning. <sigh> Of course, that could potentially mean buying books. :001_smile: Which would theoretically mean buying bookshelves. :D So it's all good. :lol: Dh may wish he hadn't slept tonight, eh? :001_huh:

Students at Dallas Theological? My dh was a student at Concordia Seminary here in STL (still is, actually) but we lived in sem housing for a couple of years. If yours is anything like mine was, I'm sure you'll be glad to move on back to a real house!

And now - good night. Not really sleepy, but I must go to bed.