Menu

early writing or prewritting books or printouts?

Runningmom80

The Sing Spell Read Write activity sheets are available on Rainbow Resource separately from the rest of the curriculum. They come loose leafed. I have previewed them by ILL and plan on getting them for my dd. They were mostly simple worksheets like color this red or prewriting tracing lines etc. There were letters but it wasn't really hard. I decided not to get them for my 4 year old at that time because they seemed like something a 2-3 year old who wanted to do pencil (crayon or marker) and paper work could do easily enough. They were really too easy for a typical 4 year old imo.

The Sing Spell Read Write activity sheets are available on Rainbow Resource separately from the rest of the curriculum. They come loose leafed. I have previewed them by ILL and plan on getting them for my dd. They were mostly simple worksheets like color this red or prewriting tracing lines etc. There were letters but it wasn't really hard. I decided not to get them for my 4 year old at that time because they seemed like something a 2-3 year old who wanted to do pencil (crayon or marker) and paper work could do easily enough. They were really too easy for a typical 4 year old imo.

Thank you! I, just about to make a RR order!

When they're young, I just go for cheap stuff. We have some "pre-writing" workbooks where they can trace shapes, lines, and the like. I found mine at a thrift shop, but I think that you can easily find this sort of thing at a regular bookstore or even Target/Walmart.

Kumon has some useful books -- I am thinking of their "Easy Mazes" which we're doing a bit at a time with my tot of similar age & interest. Priddy's wipe-clean letters and numbers too were a hit with Button when he was preschoolish, and I plan to include these for BotBot when's he's three, or perhaps earlier.

Kumon has some useful books -- I am thinking of their "Easy Mazes" which we're doing a bit at a time with my tot of similar age & interest. Priddy's wipe-clean letters and numbers too were a hit with Button when he was preschoolish, and I plan to include these for BotBot when's he's three, or perhaps earlier.

We do have these. The markers, I'm afraid, are disastrous. ;)

Guest Whitney Leann

We have the Crayola Dry Erase Activity center. My 4 year old started using it when he was about 2.5. Now my 2 year old daughter loves it so I bought her one too. Then, I just print worksheets off, slip them into the activity center, and they use dry erase markers.

You know what looks super-duper cute?? Usborne Phonics Workbooks. Look at the sample pages - they are adorable! The books come with stickers, too. We have the workbooks at the teaching store where I work, and I drool over them. :) I would probably bring them home if DS was just a tiny bit younger.

Darn you. Now I regret the MP letters books I bought.

I don't know if this is completely uncool to say - but I don't really like the Kumon books. My son (and I) are sensitive to too much stimulus... and they're just too busy for me. But I found some books put together by "flashkids" that i REALLY like. Very simple, but colorful illustrations. They have some early maze, tracing, letters, numbers books. Their later ones and combo ones are busy busy too... but the early ones I REALLY like. Plus they're almost half the Kumon books. I found them at Barnes and Noble. But I've also picked up some multi-workbooks at walmart and places like that, dollar tree even... I'm not a workbooky homeschooler, but sometimes the tracing/cutting pages are great. I usually don't use the book - but photocopy it. I'm planning on copying a BUNCH of my favorite pages from things and then binding them into a custom book for DS. (Once I get my proclick... yippeee)

Here's a website with some pre-writing worksheets, mostly just tracing lines. http://www.kidslearningstation.com/tracing-lines/ I've used some of these with my two munchkins. Actually, you could just draw lines on blank paper, with pencil or a light color, and have her trace over top of them. The wonderful lady at the homeschool store I've been to suggested mazes and dot to dots as prewriting practice for my ds when he was 3 years old The simple dot to dots are nice because not only has it been prewriting, but counting practice as well. DO put the pages of whatever you get into page protectors - they can be used over and over and over again, with dry erase markers or dry erase crayons (Crayola brand, I think). Did a little Googling and found this website too, which looks like it has a bunch of good suggestions for prewriting. http://www.inlieuofpreschool.com/125-ways-to-practice-making-letters/