Menu

Question for Latin Scholars or AP Latin gurus

I have a number of Bolchazy's Cicero materials that were originally designed for the long gone AP Latin Literature exam. Is there a used market for these? Do you think that someone might want to study Pro Archia or De Amicitia even if they are not part of an AP exam? Or do most Latin students have a path determined by the College Board's curriculum selection?

Thanks,

Jane

I can't answer for other homeschoolers, but dd and I used and enjoyed (very much!) Bolchazy's Cicero materials during her senior post-AP year.

I do still try to keep up on some Latin teacher list serves, and I see some school teachers there who are interested in two things:

(1) planning a literature based Latin 3 year, including authors like Cicero

(2) scrapping AP altogether and just taking their students through various authors

So, there might be a market!

I can't answer for other homeschoolers, but dd and I used and enjoyed (very much!) Bolchazy's Cicero materials during her senior post-AP year.

I do still try to keep up on some Latin teacher list serves, and I see some school teachers there who are interested in two things:

(1) planning a literature based Latin 3 year, including authors like Cicero

(2) scrapping AP altogether and just taking their students through various authors

So, there might be a market!

We used several Legamus transitional readers than did some Cicero work. This was before AP Latin which at that time focused on just The Aeneid.

I think the Bolchazy Latin materials are top notch!

Thanks. I guess there is no harm done in listing them on the Classifieds.

I think there is a market for these, but it isn't going to be booming. You can find these kinds of things on abebooks and other used book store aggregators for not very much money. Perhaps there might be a bit more value in bundling a bunch of them together and offering the bundle for sale.

I think there is a market for these, but it isn't going to be booming. You can find these kinds of things on abebooks and other used book store aggregators for not very much money. Perhaps there might be a bit more value in bundling a bunch of them together and offering the bundle for sale.

Good idea. Thanks.